• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Android studio start a new project button not working!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

I downloaded the Android studio and extracted it somewhere(didn't require installation) so i went to bin and opened it (tried both admin and normal) and when i press the "start new project" button it does absolutely nothing! settings work btw! not even errors!

Last edited:
That must make it hard to get started! (Yuk Yuk... did you see what I did there? ;) )

Apologies for the lame humor.

Did you download an entire package including the JDK? Without knowing more, I would have to guess that you might be working with a JDK/JVM that doesn't play well with Android Studio. You can try other JDKs just by unpacking them somewhere and adding them to your path. Sometimes the default JDK that installs from Ubuntu is not 100% compatible with Oracle Java.

Another thing you can try is to run it from a console window. If it's like eclipse, it will put a *lot* of information out to STDERR/STDOUT and there might be something useful there.

Good luck!

That must make it hard to get started! (Yuk Yuk... did you see what I did there? ;) )

TBH i've no idea what you mean!

Did you download an entire package including the JDK? Without knowing more, I would have to guess that you might be working with a JDK/JVM that doesn't play well with Android Studio. You can try other JDKs just by unpacking them somewhere and adding them to your path. Sometimes the default JDK that installs from Ubuntu is not 100% compatible with Oracle Java.

Another thing you can try is to run it from a console window. If it's like eclipse, it will put a *lot* of information out to STDERR/STDOUT and there might be something useful there.

Good luck!

sorry i forgot about this thread but Using a proxy helped, i didn't know it used internet! i wished atleast it gave some kind of error!

Back