• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Currently Competing In The Rookie Rumble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No help here for AMD

but keep working it, not important where you finish

What is important is having fun getting there. :)

For gpupi use 64bit version. Gives like 30%+ better scores. Gpupi on graphics cards doesn't need high cpu clock or memory clock.

Regarding sub 0 benching. If you want to keep hardware RMA-able ( not always it's users fault even benching on cold ) then better use only art eraser or other stuff which you can easily clean of the hardware. I have really bad luck to hardware so if it's something new and valuable then I'm only using eraser.
For me it's like eraser+paper towels and that's all.
You only need as much eraser as it's covering all stuff on the PCB which may short due to moisture. Thin layer is enough, there are guides on the forums how to make it right ( maybe someone will link it as I don't have time to look for that right now ).

What is important is having fun getting there. :)

No it's not ... Conan can tell you what is important

Last edited:
OK now if you remove one stick of ram drop the memory speed to 1333, NB to 2000 and try again on one core I bet you can add a bit more to that. I also have the CPUz open with the validation section open so all I have to do as I adjust the fsb upwards is hit the save button and save my OC to file. The whole idea when going for a validation is speed nothing else matters. So the less load on the CPU the better.

I asked the question in the forum over there about dual CPUs and engineering samples maddmuttt. Other than that any AMD is allowed but I don't think anyone is allowed ES unless in the Elite or Pro don't remember for sure.

Last edited:
I would recommend to lower voltage as you can be limited by temps. 5.5GHz shouldn't require much more than ~1.55-1.60V. For AMD stability point is lower than for Intel and at 5.5GHz 50*C is already overheating. I'm not sure if these new batches of FX8000 have changed much but when I was benching FX on ss then I simply couldn't pass 1.55V or results were worse and CPU was randomly crashing. It was also something near 50*C under some load.
1.7V+ is LN2 area.

That's more common now with the new FX8XXX chips stability beyond 5ish GHZ is not happening and even benching beyond is harder if there is more than a light load on the CPU.

I had to use a 8320 as that was the proc to beat.

My run is over and I now have to go help the Wife:)

So far I've got 1st :) HeHe

Nice work, IIRC hitting F7 or F11 (can't remember which) with CPU-Z creates a quick-validation file instead of going through the whole process.

Yeah but I have had spooted luck with that in the past Janus. Maybe instability not sure but didn't always save my file.

I find when I do that it always tries to do online subs

This = crash for me almost always. F7 is the way to go. Do it twice to make sure it saves it.

It does sometimes for sure but I've lost good validations because F7 didn't take for what ever reason. I've even tried hitting it multiple times. I'll give it a shot again too i guess.

Remember, CPUz has to be the active tab for F7 to work good. Click anywhere on the GUI before you F7. 99% of the time it keeps my .cvf file even if it crashes while F7'ing.

Put CPU-Z on the desktop. Then when you click F7 you see saved file as it makes valid file in the same location as exe file. In this way you can spam F7 and look if it makes that 1MHz better result as clock is never stable.

Back