• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Currently Competing In The Rookie Rumble

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

I'm working on trying to place 1st in the AMD Rookie Rumble but I'm having to beat off some strange competition. The newest one I believe, is using illegal hardware. I do not mind losing to a better competitor, when we are playing on ruffly the same level (IE I bring a 8150 in a CH V and you bring a 9370 in a CH V). I do get MAD when we all are using FX CPU's and some new guy shows up with a OPTERON 6272. I just check my standings and here is a new guy killing us with (2) two OPTERON 6272's??? Engineering Samples!!!! These are not clocked at the standard 2100MHZ but at 4200MHZ. I had 2 retail OPTERON 6274's 2200MHZ on a SM H8DGi when I was folding before I realized that I would get more points (WU done) using video cards. I know that the Engineering Samples can have a unlocked multi on them but coming into the Rookie League with 2 ES CPU's and a server motherboard.

I'll close my mouth if this is an acceptable case. If this is not, can one of the moderators step in??????

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading My Post

There are no stipulations on what processor can be used, or the quantity, just has to be AMD.
ES will always be allowed as long as it's not current gen, which the Opteron's are not.
You have no case. Clock higher. :)

The only one I see that isn't "per core" score is the third stage anyway.
So there's only one stage of three that he'll be awesome in. Go win the other two and call it a day.

In stage 1 (OC Freq) he is @ 75% OC. There is no way I can touch that without removing the water cooling :(
In stage 3 ( GPUPI CPU) he is at 27 sec. that is way out of my league.
In stage 2 (HWbot) he is just waiting to drop the shoe, and sweep the whole rookie competition with 150 point's. :bang head

Any Idea where I can find some of that conformal?????
I'm currently using G.Skill 1866 @ 9-10-9-27 1T 1.5v, will getting a faster set help using AMD CPU????

Yep, welcome to competitions.
Go get yourself a low clocked chip with an unlocked multi and clean up the OC%.

Yep, this is why we always say " Bench what you have" if you don't like what you have, find it, get it, beat on it. Lol

In stage 1 (OC Freq) he is @ 75% OC. There is no way I can touch that without removing the water cooling :(
In stage 3 ( GPUPI CPU) he is at 27 sec. that is way out of my league.
In stage 2 (HWbot) he is just waiting to drop the shoe, and sweep the whole rookie competition with 150 point's. :bang head

Any Idea where I can find some of that conformal?????
I'm currently using G.Skill 1866 @ 9-10-9-27 1T 1.5v, will getting a faster set help using AMD CPU????

Complaining in the HWB forum won't help your cause either.
http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=371005&postcount=36

really guys way to help out

Maddmatt- first stage drop to one core and see how far you can push it

sec- stage -see if pushing nb will help- try lowering muilt-and raising bus or fsb I'am not a amd guy so not sure which one

same whit third stage if you fall behind

don't know if it will help but better then welcome to competitions

good luck

sec- stage -see if pushing nb will help- try lowering muilt-and raising bus or fsb I'am not a amd guy so not sure which one

good luck
Valiant effort, but he is just plain out hardwared.
Your tips are good one's for AMD though. :thup:

good luck

It's not that he doesn't have very good subs, he's just up against hardware that his stuff won't match.
Also, his name is MadMutt.

Side note, looks like the guy had his submissions removed or took them down himself.

I had the HWbot pulled because I did not have a saved score with all the information in it BUT I did have a screen shot that had everything required for a valid submission. This was not acceptable :(

I can not find any local place that carries conformal. Would a tube of silicone from Lowes, spread around the front and backside of the CPU area, work for now???
On the 1st of the month ( I'm retired) I will order the proper item's that I need.

I'll put it together tomorrow and include pic's of my modded Corsair H50 after it dried out:)

Clear nail polish and eraser are what I use for dice works very well even in FL.

How do you apply/use the eraser??????
Nail Polish ..... got it
I'm going to be using a MSI 890FX-GD70 MB so that I'm only cooling the CPU, I'm going for max cold :)

Liquid electrical tape from lowes. $6.99 and some closed cell foam (aka old mouse pad)

Starting My benchrun now :)
If I get some good runs, I might need some backup on verification of my scores using water cooling :)

OK maddmutt, I did have a look at your subs and Q_F had a good point. When going for CPU frequency, you have to start in BIOS and 1 stick of ram so no dual channel AMD have weak IMCs. I start right from default settings with a 200 FSB, set the CPU to 1 core make sure to set all the digi+ settings, make sure overvoltage is enabled. I also set the NB to 2000 and HT to 2400. Then boot into windows at say 5.0 with appropriate voltage. Then I use AISuite to go the rest of the way. If you can go up a couple of multis at this point do it. Then I use FSB adjustments and go up 1-2 bumps depending on how close to the end I am. You'll get a much higher clock this way. For GPUPi use the newer version, Mandrake says it cut a lot of time off of his FX cpu score. Also ram and NB are key on this one. I saw that HWBOT score and it was missing Info. You need to save the file for that one to be legal and make sure you have the CPUz tabs needed. Also HWBot prime and GPUpi make sure you have them set to high priority in taskmanager and any unecessary processes killed.

Back