• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project CARS Goes Gold!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11

After months of intense work on what will certainly be the ultimate racing experience, we're extremely happy to confirm that Project CARS has now gone gold and will be releasing starting May 7th.", said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. "We know the wait of the game has been long but we're confident the quality and realism level we have achieved will provide our fans with the game they have all been expecting and we look forward to seeing you on the track.

Cars.png

Source

And if that's not enough....... Project Cars 2 might already be in the planning phase

What's the verdict?

I'm a casual gamer these days and would be playing with an xbox controller.

From the reviews I've read it's targeted squarely at you.

Debating whether to grab it myself. I enjoy sim racing with a wheel, pedals, and H-pattern or sequential shifter on 5760x1080.
So I'm not sure if the physics would be realistic enough for me, but it should be great on a controller.

The game looks gorgeous, but from what I've played so far, I'm missing the features of Forza (rewind button, etc).

See, no rewind appeals to me. It makes me drive smart.

How's the vehicle customization?

Last edited:
Are you using a wheel, Janus?

Mind taking a screenshot of one of the setup sheets for suspension and such?

Using a 360 controller, I can do that

I created an imgur album here:

That's all of the different tuning options in the game (several pages)

Last edited:
Very impressed with the setup pages, that's a good number of options. I appreciate that.

Would like to find someone I know to discuss the wheel feeling with, but everyone I know with a wheel is on the fence and hasn't bought the game yet.

A bit dangerous but you can check out the steam message boards for the game. I'm sure there's some discussion in there. I looked through there briefly and saw people complaining about dead zone issues.

Pretty impressive tuning page. I'm not a huge sim racer, but I do enjoy good driving games. I may have to pick this one up.

A bit dangerous but you can check out the steam message boards for the game. I'm sure there's some discussion in there. I looked through there briefly and saw people complaining about dead zone issues.

That's part of the reason I want to talk to someone I know about it.
That and the feeling, it's easier to talk to someone you're familiar with about handling feel on a game like this.

I played this for a bit this weekend with an xbox controller. I enjoyed the races, but was pretty bummed to see the custom car aspect missing. For example, in Forza, you buy a cheap car, and you spend money on parts making it better, etc. In Project Cars, you just are given cars by the contract team you're racing for. You can still tweak the settings on the car itself, but there's no upgrading from what I've seen so far.

I'm not sure why the reviews are mostly based on AMD performance issues. I was playing on my 7970 and I thought it looked beautiful.

Edit** It would appear that the game was mainly optimized for Maxwell GPU's. AMD and even Keplers aren't running well. Interesting...

Last edited:
I think the question comes down to:

Do you like racing games?
What types of racing games do you enjoy?
Do you have access to Forza/Forza horizon on Xbox One (which I personally think are a better game overall)

If you like racing games and ones that are more sim than arcade then I would imagine that you will probably enjoy PCars.

I think the question comes down to:

Do you like racing games?
What types of racing games do you enjoy?
Do you have access to Forza/Forza horizon on Xbox One (which I personally think are a better game overall)

If you like racing games and ones that are more sim than arcade then I would imagine that you will probably enjoy PCars.

i love racing games, bought my PS2 and PS3 for GT and MGS and bought 360 for Forza, will wait for this game to drop down in price and hopefully will be able to grab it for 20-25$, that would be sweet

Back