• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stress testing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueknight1960

Registered
I know there are programs like prime95,aida64 and occt for stress testing,but which one is the best and what version? And for how long should it be run? I'm asking because after I figured out my cpu temp problem,my oc is 4.6,1.25 and I ran aida64 for close to 6 hrs and no problems. Then last night I started seti and about 5 hrs later it bsod. I have all 3 of the stress testing software that I mentioned,but which stresses the cpu more?

I found no stress test that out does disturbed computing. I had similar issues with F@H. I could pass every stress test known to man and still crash F@H. If you pass the stress tests you're close just have to bump the voltage a bit or drop the clicks a bit.

Thanks,I will check out disturbed computing. At what point is too much voltage for the i5-4690k? I'm at 1.25 now.

I did not know that. I'll bump the voltage upto 1.26 and see if that works. I understand that if the bsod occurs,something isn't right,but how many hrs should a system be stress tested to be sure it is stable? I've heard everything from a few hrs to 36 hrs.

It's all personal taste really, one persons version of stable may differ from another's. To me if it does what you need it's stable. I've run mine for gaming at settings that crash F@H without issues.

Alrighty then,I've bumped the voltage,I'll run seti and see what happens. Thank you for your help.

I've bumped the voltage upto 1.26 and ran seti for about 8 hrs last night and no problems. Temps didn't seem to go up any,so I think I am golden. Once again thanks for your help.

Back