• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem With Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrostyAMD

Upgraded muy mother board recently to Asrock z97 OC Formula. Starting to notice two problems and I think they are somehow related first I noticed that Windows 7 wil not restsart (takes a long time to shut down then restart) . After waitng for a long as 15 minutes waiting I hit reset on the motherboard. When computer gets back to Windows 7 I lose conection to my DVI-D resulting in black screen on my second monitor. However if I shut dow completely and then immediately power on signal is connected. Is this a GPU malfunctioning or Win 7 Error Any help would be greatly appreciated. Card is using Nvidia driver 344.48

Last edited:
Did you reinstall windows or at least update chipsets drivers, etc, when you made that switch?

Thanks guys was able to fix it without re-installing . Just used a back up of my C drive and deleted video drivers first then any other drivers from old set up. Then insalled chipset drivers rebooted installed same video driver reboot, From there installed each needed driver rebooting between installs.

Thanks guys was able to fix it without re-installing . Just used a back up of my C drive and deleted video drivers first then any other drivers from old set up. Then insalled chipset drivers rebooted installed same video driver reboot, From there installed each needed driver rebooting between installs.
Excellent.

Sounds like a reinstall would have been quicker and easier. However, you fixed it, and that's the important part.

Back