• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock H81M-ITX full Intel Virtualization support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firefoxx04

Registered
I know intel has 2 types of visualization support. There is VTd and VTx. The CPU I am using is the I5 4440. The motherboard I want to use is the Asrock H81m-ITX. Will this board support visualization.

I need to visualize Windows XP to run an old application that has ZERO Windows 7 + support. I cannot afford server grade boards or xeon CPUs. And Yes, miniITX is a big plus, reason for using this board.

Thanks!

Not sure offhand... the cpu has to have it, that I know. The manual of the motherboard should tell you though.

Not sure offhand... the cpu has to have it, that I know. The manual of the motherboard should tell you though.

The manual speaks about both VTd and VTx so I imagine it supports both. It does not seem to specifically mention them as features.

Are you sure those features require motherboard support? I think if the CPU has it you're fine...

Are you sure those features require motherboard support? I think if the CPU has it you're fine...

I think the board needs to support it to get the biggest benefit. I know the 4790k surprised everyone when it supported VTd and VTx (previous k variants did not). People were saying "as long as the board supports it, it will work BUT most z97 boards do not support visualization (mine does, asrock z97). The option to turn it on and off is found in the UEFI.

Back