• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to get some lighting for a side project.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neostarwcc

I'm trying to get lighting for a side build project and I'm not exactly sure what lighting to go with. Pictures of the computer are here:

2qtwked.jpg

slql2v.jpg

As you can see it looks extremely bland. I was thinking of going with Neon, I'm unsure if it would look quite right or what lighting is the cheapest and better buy. Any help would be welcome/appreciated.

I would work on cable management first. Also, it looks to me like your ram is likely in single channel, since the two sticks are in different colored slots. I would put them in either both red or both black slots, unless your motherboard's manual says otherwise. I would also flip your PSU 180 degrees, so that the fan is underneath it.

As far as the cables, most of them can be run behind the motherboard tray. I haven't used that case, but it looks like the same chassis as my 750D, which if that's true, there's a good inch and a quarter clearance between the tray and the side panel. And if there are any extra cables that you don't need, you can probably tuck them behind the tray as well.

Lastly, I would remove the HDD cage that you aren't using, to improve airflow and make it look less crowded. That's what all of this is about, improving both airflow and looks.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like your clear side leaves a limited amount of options. With the two blue in the front, you might want to go with a blue exhaust. Also, its hard to tell how much of the reflective stuff you want to go on. There are a number of sites with lighting options. For a starter try here...http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l1/g6/Lighting.html. Just bear in mind that there are many more, and different options.

Back