• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big DIY water cooling from small water cooling systems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ruffpl

Hi

Some years ago I made my custom core i7 pc. I found an auction with some storage leftovers ( without cpu basket and fans) and I bought 3 cheap water cooling systems of Antec ( something like that http://www.legitreviews.com/antec-kuhler-h2o-620-cpu-water-cooler-review_1580) . I replaced the original air cooling with one of it + push/pull fans and it works good all the time. Two other watercoolings stayed in a box until today when I found them completelly forgotten after 2 years :D.
I was thinking is it possible to do something with them and maybe it will be possible to connect them together to get one big water cooling system like f.ex. Cooler Master Nepton 280L or CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i. What do You think about it? Does it worth to try?:cool:

:welcome: to OCFs.

Out of those 3 AIO coolers, the best performing from top to bottom I believe is the CM Nepton 280L, than the Corsair 240mm H100i and than the Antech 120mm AIO. Just make sure your case can fit them or DYI project to do so.

I think that it will have to go out of the case or one radiator on back and one radiator on front / something like this:

CASE.png

I just need to know is it going to cool better than with one radiator ( with original pump)

Two radiators are always better than one because it doubles the amount of heat surface there is for heat dissipation. Think of it as a heatsink. The more surface you have the better it will be.

Back