• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My upgrades

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmbraceTheHate

What yall think?

CPU: i5 4690k
SSD: Crucial Bx100

Anything else yall can think of?? Should i get another set of 8gb of ram or no???

I plan wiping the whole system clean again and installing windows on the SSD along with GTA 5.

The write speeds on the bx100 are pretty abysmal compared to other offerings in the SSD world.

I agree on the write issue, but it's read that counts in game and most ssd'd are plenty fast for game, at least better than a spinner.

I agree on the write issue, but it's read that counts in game and most ssd'd are plenty fast for game, at least better than a spinner.

For the small difference in price, I'd take the better performing drive.

Welcome to all Crucial drives, IIRC.

The budget models yes, their enterprise class ones are top shelf performers (i.e. the m550).

The bx100 was really a step in the wrong direction for crucial, the mx100 already existed. That said, I am absolute THRILLED with the performance of my toshiba...

Back