• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 stuck at login screen (logs out soon as logs in)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

Hey guys I been having this issue alot lately. Every few days when I turn my system on it will get stuck at the login screen which doesn't pop up normally cause I don't have a password. it will tell me to login but soon as I do, it instantly logs back off and goes to the screen again. luckily Safe Mode gets me going again and is what im in at the moment. trying to go back to normal has it reoccur again. as far as im aware, I haven't done anything that caused it. nothing new was installed. I don't see any windows updates installed recently. don't see any way to fix it so I use my backup and its good again. but it tends to reoccur after a few days or weeks randomly. today was probably the 5th time its happened

didn't find anything of importance first time I checked. I got it fixed with my backup now so I cant view the log anymore. when it happens again ill check it

alright so it happened again. this time I cleared the logs, restarted, had it fail login, then restated again, and saved them. is there an easy way to post the logs?

EDIT: removed logs to prevent giving out too much info

Last edited:
This looks like a possible corrupt HDD, or like someone is trying to log into your PC remotely. Some of the messages in the security log hint about remote logins etc. That might be a good place to start looking. It all seems odd to me.

Z

That may be because I use to remote connect to and from it alot. use to use Teamviewer, Logmein, and a few other programs alot. use to log into it from school and connect with friends to show them how to do stuff

I think ive decided that if it happens again im going to just go ahead and reinstall. really don't want to, alot of programs I use are no longer avalible anywhere. but I get alot of programs that crash. ive used this same version of windows on like 4 systems now and recovered from bad HDDs a few times so I feel some files may be corrupt.

ok it happened again today. ive givin up and went ahead and reinstalled Windows. still got my backup saved jsut incase but i hate coming home and finding i got to spend an hour restoring my computer from my backup. i also took off the logs so i dont provide anyone with too much info, not that i dont trust ya guys lol

Back