• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Short 'ish' power supply recomendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firey_chasm

Hi,

I am starting to plan a new build to replace the one in my sig.

I am looking to build it around an mITX system this time.

core components are currently lining up to be:
core i7 skylake cpu 4ghz+
16gb ddr4
Graphics card will remain the same for now, but will be upgraded next year or so with the next generation of nvidia - equivalent of 970 or 980.
starting with 2x6tb WD green HDDs and a 1tb Samsung 840 evo ssd (will add 2 more 3.5" HDDs at a later date)
Blu-ray drive from sig

With this in mind very few cases appear to fit what I need in. I am currently looking at Lian Li PC-Q08B.

However I have seen mention the power supply can be a tight squeeze, especially modular ones. Does anyone have any experience with this case or general advise on which power supply I should use?

I guess the one in my sig is ready to be retired :) been powering away for over 6 years :)

Thanks in advance

Thanks guys,

from a brief look it appears modular psu's are 150mm and non modular are often 140 but apparently can sometimes be 150mm, finding it quite hard to always find dimensions.

I was thinking maybe an Antec Truepower 750?

Cheers Earth :) I always seem to find a slightly different site to you that gives me almost every other spec other than dimensions :)

Never felt like a googling failure before until today :)

Back