• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got PS4 Free since it was broken, Now Fixed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys I got a PS4 that was broken on the HDMI port and I had a guy fix it for me. Now my question is it, would it be stupid to sell the unit back out or keep it? I own a PS3 already but trying to figure out if is stupid to sell it off. I do need to pick up 2 controllers from GameStop and charger station. Also I may need to grab a game like Diablo 3 so I can move my saved game over to it from the PS3. What are your thoughs guys? My investment on this unit has been so far. $132.65 and used controller from GameStops go for about $54 or new $59.

Not sure why this is up to anyone but you... :shrug:

If you want one, you have one on the cheap. If you don't care about having one, sell it....

Are there games on PS4 that you want to play?

Yes: Then keep the console and buy/play those games, knowing that you got a console for at least half the cost that you would at retail.

No: Sell it for a couple hundred bucks, noting that it was refurbished by you.

I wanted to know any major real purpose to have one beside gaming. Yes there are titles I want but not sure if is worth keeping it. Until today decided to analyse my current PS3 which has last me since 2008 just fine. However; PS3 going to 10 years and things will just slow down. So, figure I keep both even if is to watch blue ray movies or stream movies. Other than that one thing I don't like is the $50/year network muti-player access. LOL! not sure why they even bother but is the only down side I feel about the system. So, in the end I think I will just keep it and call it a day.

The unit fall and broke the hdmi pins and bent the metal on it. Was hard to get it fixed since I don't have the right tools. Had a guy fix it which cost me with some luck too as well. The unit now works. I have pictures I can share next time.

Back