• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad psu or gpu ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vukasin

Hi people . I got a problem . When NOT under heavy load , i see something weird at my screen . Its like some refreshing rate , looks like some lines like this / / / / / / , after some time they change direction - - - - - - - , its not like artifacts , its so weird i cant even describe it , and its only noticable at dark, so dark places of screen , like this grey colour of this forum . At colours like blue , yellow etc , its all fine . I tried swapping my monitor , tested it on another pc and its 100 % working . My psu is in the pic , ik its so so so so bad , i wanna ask can it be gpu mobo or a bad psu problem ? I even overclocked a little bit , but even when i downgrade clocks , problem is still here . so the clocks arent the problem . gpu is gt 740 ANS-Napajanje-500W_slika_O_29162079.jpg

17a on the +12 and 40a on the +5. This is a very old design. Not enough +12v amps for todays equipment.

Good thing i already ordered a new psu , LC Power 600 W , its not good but its ok , as i think so . I hope its a bad psu , some guy told me that its possible but the cases psu causing screen problems are very rare

PSU's cause a variety of issue. The issues can be hard to trace back to the PSU though...

PSU's is one area where there's absolutely no reason to skimp and go cheap.
And you went cheap I hate to say it...

Get a PSU you can trust, like the EVGA Supernova 750G or 850G.
More expensive yeah, but it is worth the investment. With the LC PSU you ordered, you'll end up with the same problems or worse.

EDIT: Have a look at our PSU sticky for a list of good, solid PSU's :)

Good thing i already ordered a new psu , LC Power 600 W , its not good but its ok , as i think so . I hope its a bad psu , some guy told me that its possible but the cases psu causing screen problems are very rare
Not as rare as you think. Low power, dirty power, and ripple, do funny things.
LC is crap BTW.

Last edited:
So, you're having potential PSU problems from a pile of crap. And you're replacing it with... A fresh pile of crap...
Go cancel the order for the new pile and buy something worth having.

well its not gonna be even at 60 % usage , like gt 740 uses 70W max , cpu 95 W max + hdd , etc... I count that it will use arrond 60 % at max load , well the money rules guys , ill take it as a temporary solution try , when i get some real money first thing ill do is get a good psu , like CX 500 or smth like that , i think that one is okay , seen people running r9 270X with it , no problems

well its not gonna be even at 60 % usage , like gt 740 uses 70W max , cpu 95 W max + hdd , etc... I count that it will use arrond 60 % at max load , well the money rules guys , ill take it as a temporary solution try , when i get some real money first thing ill do is get a good psu , like CX 500 or smth like that , i think that one is okay , seen people running r9 270X with it , no problems

Here's the kind of power delivery you get from LC Power:

Another link with experts talking about LC Power:
http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10062

:/ Temporary solution will be

- - - Updated - - -

Or not even a solution lol...

not a good choice either (perhaps better than the LC though!!!)... Not all EVGA's are created equal.

Since the EVGA 430W makes a lot of compromises in its low end build quality, unimpressive voltage regulation, and mediocre DC output quality this unit unfortunately has nothing by the numbers going for it that we can point to and say "yeah, but it does XXXXX" well enough to justify buying other than its "OK" Transient Load Test results, which still aren't good enough to make up for its failure in our regular load test.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/02/19/evga_430w_power_supply_review/9#.VUEQvyFVhBc

Grab a Corsair CX430 man.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=214
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...me=Power Supplies&Order=BESTMATCH&isdeptsrh=1

Last edited:
Interesting, I've seen good reviews on the evga 430. Ive always recommend the cx430, but its just not on sale right now. If op can hold out a week or two, Im sure it will go on sale.

If its not from here, [H], jonnyguru, or TPU (and a couple other sites) its likely not a proper review. It is also possible that they received a bum unit. But again, not all EVGA(read: any brand) PSUs are the same. ;)

If its not from here, [H], jonnyguru, or TPU (and a couple other sites) its likely not a proper review. It is also possible that they received a bum unit. But again, not all EVGA(read: any brand) PSUs are the same. ;)

I know :)

These ones are made by HEC and apparently aren't the highest quality after digging. I won't recommend them again.

When in doubt/don't know, refer to thE link in my sig(psu guide). Can't go wrong there!

Nothing against that thorough and solid list, but there tends to be a bit of cork sniffing when it comes to psu's around here. You know my deal; I simply favor cost-effectiveness vs absolute performance. I was ignorant on that 430w, I thought it was the same family as the 500 and 600b (same packaging, wiring, and everything, totally different manufacturer though). THOSE are pretty well regarded.

On a related note, the cx500 is on sale for 30$, would give him some wiggle room for upgrading if he does so in the near future as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Back