• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

flatbed scanner for windows 8.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrpuppy

Registered
can any of the very smart people on this forum point me towards an inexpensive flatbed scanner that will work on a windows 8.1 operating system?,thank you:D

Any HP should be fine, the one built in to my printer works great and it's quite a few years old now.

Are you looking for a stand alone flatbed scanner as opposed to one built in to a multifunction device? If so, there probably aren't a lot of consumer level units being produced anymore. There just isn't any demand for them to speak of since that function is now handled so well by multifunction units. Windows 8.1 may contain native drivers for some of the older stand alone units. Most of the stand alone scanners being made these days are professional level and very expensive.

Are you looking for a stand alone flatbed scanner as opposed to one built in to a multifunction device? If so, there probably aren't a lot of consumer level units being produced anymore. There just isn't any demand for them to speak of since that function is now handled so well by multifunction units. Windows 8.1 may contain native drivers for some of the older stand alone units. Most of the stand alone scanners being made these days are professional level and very expensive.

You can get an HP ScanJet G3110 for ~$100. I wouldn't call that "very expensive" and it comes from a top name brand.

You can get an HP ScanJet G3110 for ~$100. I wouldn't call that "very expensive" and it comes from a top name brand.

Yeah, that is certainly a reasonable price. I just haven't seen stand alone scanners advertised for several years. Never see them anymore in Egg or TD's mailers or on the shelves at Staples, Bestbuy, Costco, etc.

bob, did you get that in an email promotion or did you go searching for it on Egg's website? They certainly are still more available than I realized but the point of my previous post was that I never see them in the stores anymore or in advertising promos.

bob, did you get that in an email promotion or did you go searching for it on Egg's website? They certainly are still more available than I realized but the point of my previous post was that I never see them in the stores anymore or in advertising promos.

simply searched "Scanner" on newegg haha.

honestly, besides those cannon scanners, the rest seem to be for like business uses, not home uses.

I hate all-in-ones. I have a Canon FB scanner and a separate Samsung laser printer. Anything since windows 7 should work with windows 8/10.

hi,i am the original poster of this question,i already have a perfect hp 1320 b/w laser printer attached to my 8.1 operating system,but what i need is a standalone scanner that will work,that has the drivers for,the windows 8.1 operating system,so,can anyone please direct me to,hopefully,an inexpensive flatbed scanner like that?,thank you

hi,i am the original poster of this question,i already have a perfect hp 1320 b/w laser printer attached to my 8.1 operating system,but what i need is a standalone scanner that will work,that has the drivers for,the windows 8.1 operating system,so,can anyone please direct me to,hopefully,an inexpensive flatbed scanner like that?,thank you

I already have a model number and Bob gave a link to some.

Back