• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overvolting titan x through nvidiamaxwell editor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maryland (I'm between DC and bmore)? Beautiful day! About to take the kiddos to the playground and burn off some energy...

Maryland (I'm between DC and bmore)? Beautiful day! About to take the kiddos to the playground and burn off some energy...
That's great. The sunset here couldn't get any better but we tend to have chilly nights even in spring. :)

I'll do it anyway. And add 10c just as a guess.
I just need one last thing. My voltage in idle is 1.274 . I have 1.274 on both p0 and p02
how can I force that voltage only under load . Using oc utility limits me from reaching that voltage

weird bug being able to use 1.274v but crashing with software utility 1.274, never seen that before. you sure software utility is not corrupted, have you tried using something else like nvidiainspector to OC. Your probably the only person using 1.274 on air, most limit it to 1.25 on air. But your core should down clock, unless you activated kboost then didnt turn it off. Using 143hz monitor will keep it from downclocking all the way, but wont keep it at 1.274v. I have my voltage locked to 1.21v, and it downclocks like normal to 135core/.848v. Can you post up your bios, and make sure you have not enabled kboost. I have flashed new bios upwards of 80x trying to get more than 1.274 for benching, but never had any bios not downclock, unless I had kboost enabled.

weird bug being able to use 1.274v but crashing with software utility 1.274, never seen that before. you sure software utility is not corrupted, have you tried using something else like nvidiainspector to OC. Your probably the only person using 1.274 on air, most limit it to 1.25 on air. But your core should down clock, unless you activated kboost then didnt turn it off. Using 143hz monitor will keep it from downclocking all the way, but wont keep it at 1.274v. I have my voltage locked to 1.21v, and it downclocks like normal to 135core/.848v. Can you post up your bios, and make sure you have not enabled kboost.

kboost is not enabled . its 1.274 on all states idle or not . doenst clock down .
my bios is the same you gave me . i only adjuted the voltage to 1.274 on both p02 and p0p

you adjust min to 1.274 or min + max? And did it downclock at idle normally before you made change?

go and upload it with changes, I will flash it on mine and see if I can duplicate problem.

you messed with P05 volts which will cause stability and downclocking problems....dont mess with P05.

if you want 1.274v at load, but one that downclocks normally at idle...give me a sec, and I will change the one I originally sent you/test/then send it.

you messed with P05 volts which will cause stability and downclocking problems....dont mess with P05.

I thought p05 was the minimal clock state. regardless the voltage hasnt changed since i changed that setting i will revert it back to normal
other than that how can i keep the idle states at 1.2v . i dont wanna run unneccesary p bandicam 2015-05-08 20-33-06-183.jpg wer

Last edited:
At idle the gpu will downclock to 135core/.868v, cant alter those settings. This is my 1.274 benching bios, I just reflashed it to double check, it downclocks fine per pic to 135/.868v.... pic shows one gpuz voltage sensor set to show max reading of voltage which was 1.274 under load, and other shows current voltage which is .868v.
bios is here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00612740427741727936
this one only has P00 set high, dont think it matters whether you set P02 up or not, but cant mess with p05 or other clock states (trust me... many of us tried messing with all 74 clk sliders trying to get above 1.274)

here is pic, showing it downclocks fine...also make sure close all browsers, as browser will keep voltage in load state. if yours doesnt downclock with this bios, then you have some corrupted software running on your computer, which would also explain the crashing with 1.274 with software.
rge1bios.jpg

At idle the gpu will downclock to 135core/.868v, cant alter those settings. This is my 1.274 benching bios, I just reflashed it to double check, it downclocks fine per pic to 135/.868v.... pic shows one gpuz voltage sensor set to show max reading of voltage which was 1.274 under load, and other shows current voltage which is .868v.
bios is here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00612740427741727936
this one only has P00 set high, dont think it matters whether you set P02 up or not, but cant mess with p05 or other clock states (trust me... many of us tried messing with all 74 clk sliders trying to get above 1.274)

here is pic, showing it downclocks fine...also make sure close all browsers, as browser will keep voltage in load state. if yours doesnt downclock with this bios, then you have some corrupted software running on your computer, which would also explain the crashing with 1.274 with software.
View attachment 163377

I will run your bios without touching any settings .

- - - Updated - - -

I tried your bios and my voltage is still 1.274 on minimum . i am starting to lose patience . whats keeping the voltage so high . it seems that whatever value you set to the p0 is the minimum voltage you will get . a forced voltage . you can increase whatever forced you have through evga precision but i cannot reach 1.274 through the overclocking utility . let me try nvidia tweaker maybe evga is at fault

Im confused with what you are saying. I thought you were saying it would not downclock at idle. But what I think you are saying is that the voltage is always 1.274 at load. Which is true. You HAVE to use software to get the loaded voltage lower. I had explained this in one of my earlier posts, but options are:
1) fixed voltage like I have 1.21 min and max, and it stays at 1.21 no matter what, software wont change it, software is useless, or fixed at 1.27v like one I just sent...but both with downclock on idle to .868v.
2) variable voltage up to 1.27v, but that will boot at 1.27v and always be 1.27v UNTIL you use software/hit default then will be 1.169, then use software to increase to 1.21 or 1.23, up to 1.27v, that is what my original bios I sent you did. REQUIRES software to change volts at load, but it will downclock volts at idle.
3) stay on stock volts, which only goes to 1.224...but does boot at 1.169v.
It is not possible to make a bios that boots at 1.169 or any voltage other than 1.274v, but still goes to 1.274...without use of software.

And yes you are correct, whatever you set P00 is a forced minimum voltage. However it will boot at 1.274v (once you change P00 to anything unless you have software "active" at windows startup), and then when you activate any softare, ie hitting default/apply, you will then force P00 volts minimum that you set. You have to raise via software...but you clearly have some bug, your the only one of hundreds that is crashing when hitting 1.274 via software, but not crashing with forced 1.274 directly via bios. I would do like your are doing and try other software, also uninstall prec x.

Last edited:
no you were right . it is always at 1.274 . voltage wouldnt downclock no matter what .
whatever i set for p0 is what i will get with or without the oc utility . if i try going lower than 1.274 on the p0 i can never reach 1.274 through and oc utility . i tried nvidia inspector too . no use
So i will turn away from oc utilities and try to use bios only . I just want a 1.2 value for idle clocks . I only want that 1.274 when im gaming .

If you are not downclocking with bios I sent you, you have a software issue, which again explains your 1.274 crashing with software only issue. You are not going to have a bios that gives you 1.2 for idle clocks and 1.274 at load.

You need to find and fix your software bug. Did you use display driver uninstaller to do a clean install of nvidia drivers?

yes i did . and i will try it again just for the lulz . do i need to reflash the bios after the new drivers are installed or flash before uninstalling

no, your bios is fine. dont flash again. but you have some software issue not allowing voltage to decrease, unless your gpu is different than everyone elses, there are many on oc.net using exact same bios/changes, and no one has issues with going to 1.274 with software or have issues with downclocking volts. I would also uninstall any overclocking software. I assume your not using windows 10...but clearly you have a bug somewhere...or you have some program not allowing voltage decrease.

no, your bios is fine. dont flash again. but you have some software issue not allowing voltage to decrease, unless your gpu is different than everyone elses, there are many on oc.net using exact same bios/changes, and no one has issues with going to 1.274 with software or have issues with downclocking volts. I would also uninstall any overclocking software. I assume your not using windows 10...but clearly you have a bug somewhere...or you have some program not allowing voltage decrease.

oh snap ... you know what . i do remember having a setting in the nvidia control panel of power from adapative to prefer maximum perforamcne . maybe thats why my voltage wouldnt go down
just to confirm . this is the bios you are currently on ?
bandicam 2015-05-08 21-30-44-286.jpg

yep, that is my benching bios which downclocks fine, and one I just double checked/reflashed to and posted pics. I am on that exact bios for 24/7, but I have P00 and P02 min and max voltage locked to 1.218 and boost table set to 1405.

And no setting your nvidia panel to maximum performance isnt the issue, mine is set there and downclocks fine. Im betting something got corrupted.

yep, that is my benching bios which downclocks fine, and one I just double checked/reflashed to and posted pics. I am on that exact bios for 24/7, but I have P00 and P02 min and max voltage locked to 1.218 and boost table set to 1405.

And no setting your nvidia panel to maximum performance isnt the issue, mine is set there and downclocks fine. Im betting something got corrupted.

see i went to the bios and dropped the p02 and p0 voltage to 1.212 . then i went into load and it went up to 1.268 .. again stuck at 1.268 . once i exited the application it downclocked back to 1.212 . which is good . now all i need is for that voltage to go up to 1.274

see i went to the bios and dropped the p02 and p0 voltage to 1.212 . then i went into load and it went up to 1.268 .. again stuck at 1.268 . once i exited the application it downclocked back to 1.212 . which is good . now all i need is for that voltage to go up to 1.274

All the others I have seen default to 1.274, dont know why yours is 1.268. If there is no software active...then that is something different with your gpu. Was your stock voltage 1.169?

Back