• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good 65" ish LED TV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

attack

So I'm looking to upgrade my TV. I mainly watch ESPN, sports and movies. I'm not a crazy videophile and don't care 4K or anything like that. I'll be using an xbox for input so don't need any input other than HDMI.

I want LED because it's lower in energy costs. As long as it's not a terrible device, I'm not concerned about this "blue should be 2 shades lighter" or "OMG there's blacklight bleed!". I just want a nice size TV for the price. 65" at 700 seems like a fair price, any larger and it's much more expensive, and going smaller doesnt drop the price much either (the TV we're replacing is 55").

I'm open to refurbished if there's a warranty and I',m in the DC area and can (try) to drive around and find one as well.

Walmart sells this:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-LED65G55R120Q-65-1080p-120Hz-LED-HDTV/35030308

Any issues with this?

For budget tvs, Panasonic is the way to go as they use nice Samsung screens.

If you're wall mounting, that gets rid of a lot of issues some manufacturers have.

For quality, if you can squeeze into a sharp aquos you should try that. I got mine a while ago and it's fntastic. May be a hair out of your price range but shop around.

edit: Also, you want to be checking out LED's, CCFL's have higher power consumption (albeit not a lot). Plasmas can be pigs, but even then aren't too bad.

edit 2: That rca doesn't look appealing at all. No contrast control, no brightness control... kinda stuck with it from factory. Shop locally, typically you can always get a better deal on a tv locally than you can online (probably one ofthe last things electronic wise).

Last edited:
Get one that supports a true 120Hz or more in order to be futureproof for gaming.

Don't expect Xbox to be going past 30fps for a while :p
The display is probably the most expensive peripheral that you will probably want to reuse through multiple upgrades of other hardware. There's little excuse to get something that does not support 120Hz when even a cheap Seiki 4K in 1080p mode supports it. Besides, a panel designed to operate at 120Hz or more would have great response times.

The display is probably the most expensive peripheral that you will probably want to reuse through multiple upgrades of other hardware. There's little excuse to get something that does not support 120Hz when even a cheap Seiki 4K in 1080p mode supports it. Besides, a panel designed to operate at 120Hz or more would have great response times.

Budget comes into play.

Back