• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compute reboots before entering bios then starts up fine.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gameplaywarrior

Registered
I just followed this post on the sight (and linked guide) on over clocking my 4690 and now for some reason my computer makes one attempt to start the promptly shuts down before even hitting bios (like there was a bad OC) then boots up fine and passes all stress tests, I was just wondering what could be causing this?

System specs are:
Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI HERO
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K
Cooler: Swiftech H220-X
Memory:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866
PSU: Seasonic X-850 Gold KM3
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 4Gb
Hard Drive: Samgsumg SSD 850 PRO 512GB

Does it retain its settings in Bios? When my previous board did that, it always reverted to stock default Bios settings.

Does it retain its settings in Bios? When my previous board did that, it always reverted to stock default Bios settings.

It strangely keeps the settings I placed on the BIOS, when it boots up and I check bios all my settings are still there. I was thinking it could be a bad cap in the PSU perhaps *shrugs*

Just thought I would let you guys know after overclocking my CPU my board no longer does this at all so I think the solution lies some place in the BIOS...just a thought have any of you tired to set the LLC to manual?

Back