• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Overclock Help Needed - F3-2400C10D-16GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neverwind

Registered
Hello,

Recently I bought this kit - F3-2400C10D-16GTX - cause I needed to go from 8 to 16 gigs and because of my board and cpu cooler, I was forced to choose a 2x8 instead of 4x4 setup.
I was really hoping to get it to work on 2400 CL9 or 2666 CL10 but so far I haven't been able to achieve anything stable.

2400 CL9 kinda works (not stable) at 1.72 V, which is probably too much already.
2600+ CL10 doesn't post at all, even at the same voltage of 1.72 V.

I've also tried all OC enhancing features of my mobo, such as pumping up the dram current frequency, dram full phase setup but those doesn't seem to help much either. I've read this kit is not the best overclocker, but after all I'm not really asking for much beyond the advertised frequency / timings...

Can anyone one give me some advice on how to proceed?

Last edited:
You're asking a lot of the IMC for 2400 CL9 16GB. Have you given it any extra voltage in that regard?

8GB modules are now on a different, newer IC and it's hard to make them work @2400 CL9 or @2600+. I was testing TridentX 1600, 1866 and 2133 which are on about the same IC and only one of these kits could boot at 2600 but was unstable.

Here is TridentX 1866/16GB thread:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...66-CL8-F3-1866C8D-16GTX?p=7630930#post7630930
These settings should work on your memory. IC is about the same.

Instead of raising clock or lowering main timings I would check sub timings as there you can play some more.

8GB modules are now on a different, newer IC and it's hard to make them work @2400 CL9 or @2600+. I was testing TridentX 1600, 1866 and 2133 which are on about the same IC and only one of these kits could boot at 2600 but was unstable.

Here is TridentX 1866/16GB thread:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...66-CL8-F3-1866C8D-16GTX?p=7630930#post7630930
These settings should work on your memory. IC is about the same.

Instead of raising clock or lowering main timings I would check sub timings as there you can play some more.
Thanks a lot, I will look into it right away!

You're asking a lot of the IMC for 2400 CL9 16GB. Have you given it any extra voltage in that regard?
Honestly, I have no idea which option corresponds to the IMC voltage...
I've actually searched the web but couldn't find which was the correct settings responsible for this on my motherboard.
Can you help me find it? :)
Also, I read the supposed VCCIO which I can not find is not only responsible for the memory controller voltage, but for the PCIE as well. Could upping it do some harm to my Video Card as well?

Can you get some screenshots from your UEFI of the voltage controls you have?
I'm not as familiar with the terminology that Asus uses.

The CPU System Agent Voltage, CPU Analog I/O Voltage, and CPU Digital I/O Voltage will all three be linked to memory OCing.

There's got to be something wrong here...
No matter what I do, I simply can't get this kit to work on 2400 CL9 or get it at least boot in the OS on 2666 CL10
None of the woomack's settings worked and i've also tried increasing the agent voltages...
Nothing...

There's got to be something wrong here...
No matter what I do, I simply can't get this kit to work on 2400 CL9 or get it at least boot in the OS on 2666 CL10
None of the woomack's settings worked and i've also tried increasing the agent voltages...
Nothing...

Read this again:

8GB modules are now on a different, newer IC and it's hard to make them work @2400 CL9 or @2600+.

I have a new set of the Tridentx 2400 CL10 and I'm in the same boat. This set came from an RMA and the only way I can get CL9 is to run them at 23xx on the 125 BCLK strap with about 1.75v anytime I try for 2400 CL9 it just won't work. As Woomack also said try tightening your other timings and speed it up from there.

Well, I've played the whole day yesterday with every single second and third timing option and all I could achieve was a mere 200mb/s increase in read speed...and a lot of instability.
It's just not worth it so I guess I'll be leaving it as it is now.
Anyway - thanks for the help guys!

Back