• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-990FXA-UD5 R5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I so want to get 1 to replace a GA-990FXA-UD5 Rev 3.0 that has a problem with USB ports, at bootuo it can't see any USB devices (keyboard, mouse), so I can't get in the BIOS unless I use a PS2 keyboard, after OS is up and running everything runs fine.

If it's solid, stable and doesn't blow up under load or throttle, I'll consider buying it to upgrade the 970 UD3 I have. I've always loved gigabyte :)

If it's solid, stable and doesn't blow up under load or throttle, I'll consider buying it to upgrade the 970 UD3 I have. I've always loved gigabyte :)

You need to download the manual and see what is claimed to be in the bios. After all this time they should know what needs to be in bios and include it. If it ain't there then they have not learned a thing thru all these customer dorking revisions.

RGone...

that's almost CHVz money ....... if you are going to spend that kind of money buy the proven board

that's almost CHVz money ....... if you are going to spend that kind of money buy the proven board

Getting mighty dang close there Bassnut for sure as far as money goes. Plus the CHV-Z has a ton of optional features and shett in the box. I was thinking I might just for the "hey" get one but not at that price. I don't need the practice that bad. Hehehe. I had often thought to try the Asrock Ext9 which came after the Fatal1ty 990FX Professional, but I found a full on thread over at OCN, where they keep a model of mobo going forever it seems and found the Asrock EXT9 to be not nearly as polished as my CHV's were. So I held off for sure. I type this on the FatLady 990FX Pro and she has given me a number of teeth kicks since last I visited "her" and the options missing in bios over my CHV...well now they are off-putting after a couple of years with CHV's.

Manual mb_manual_ga-990fxa-ud5-r5_e.pdf

Page #40 finally has HPC > enable/disable
Page #40 finally has APM > enable/disable

Page #42 has fair selection of voltages but just not using the more understood 'terms'. AND they do not describe CPU_LLC settings at all but setting is there.

RGone...

EDIT:
Crap did not see the CAD monies. About $190.00 CAD is right at $160.00 Usd. So there is about $65.00 difference in monies to the CHV-Z at NewEgg Usa. CHV-Z has been going new for about $225.00 Usd at the Egg.

Second NOTE: I notice in bios that there is menu button for UNLOCK cores. Few later AM3+ motherboards claim such feature since AMD dropped their support at least 7 years ago.
END EDIT.

Last edited:

???
CHV is $100 more...

Either way I can't really afford that board right now... I've spent way too much in the past month.

I'd love to try the board though. I suppose I'll have to wait to buy it...

Dam its been along time since I bought my CHVz I cold of swore it was cheaper then, than what they are going for now 269 on sale at Canada computer so I guess thee is an $80 difference so a bigger gap in price than I thought. Still not a big enough price gap for me to think of getting one. The 2 Gig boards I had never impressed even though I was able to OC my old FX8150 to 4.7 on the 990FXA UD3 Rev 4 that I built for a Christmas present there was something that I can't put my fingers on right now, but for the limited time I had it, well it left me wanting more for a top ish tier board and the bios needed allot of work. If you are thinking of getting one don't let my thoughts deter you I have been spoiled with the ASUS boards I have used and do like their feel, if you can understand my ramblings.

You're right bassnut. When I was looking over a year ago they were $239 but.... Our dollar was at par with USD so that was likely the difference.

More expensive than a sabertooth, less features, doesn't support a 9590/9370, cramped design... who is this board marketed towards?

Back