• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help on Psu and Wattage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

asdqwe143

Hi guys abit of newbie here. so im planning to upgrade my Gpu gtx 970 and im not sure if my current Psu is enough for it and also i dont think i can use it for the new GPu and how much wattage i need to with the gtx 970

here are my Specs

Board : gigabyte f2a58m-ds2
cpu : a8-6600k 3.9ghz not Oc
Ram : 4gb kingston 1333mhz ddr3
Psu : 600w Sadly the stock (the one in atx Casing)
GPU: Nvidia Gt 220 (current GPU.. planning on Upgrading to gtx 970)

help would be much appreciated and also need some tips on some inexpensive but with good quality psu that can run pretty much on my system. Thanks

PSU Brand, model, and age?
A picture of the sticker on the side will help as well.

bbc6df37-adfb-4f15-a42d-278cc91b2f73.png
Thanks for the quick reply..Here is the picture of the Psu.. well its a really old psu tbh.. like 3-4yrs..came from my old unit

I would absolutely replace that.
A Seasonic G-550 would be perfect for you.

I would absolutely replace that.
A Seasonic G-550 would be perfect for you.

Well i think even if i dont want to replace..i would be force anyways,cause it doesnt have any 2x 6+2pin Pcie for the Gpu to go with..
is 550w psu enough with my current specs? well just in case i want to upgrade my cpu in the near future with fx 8350.will that psu will be enough? thanks

Quality PSUs aren't cheap, but they'll last much longer than the bottom bin fire hazards like your current PSU.

The PSU you have now says it's 600W, but can't even supply 400W on the 12V side. That's thing has no place in modern day systems.

Quality PSUs aren't cheap, but they'll last much longer than the bottom bin fire hazards like your current PSU.

The PSU you have now says it's 600W, but can't even supply 400W on the 12V side. That's thing has no place in modern day systems.

I know mate..im not saying im not into quality,yes quality is by far the best to get but at the cost of higher price. I guess for me thats abit too much for a psu. (even though if you look at the gpu i bought with).. besides that psu was with my old unit.. an a4-3300 apu..and that was 4yrs ago.. forgive me if im being rude.i dont wanna upset someone who's helped me already.

Back