• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer Bench off???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, just give me a couple days and I'llput something together. just busy, prepping for next week. Getting things situated here and work threw me for a loop , kicked me out of my office for a couple of days.
As for temp regulations, there's no need if you set a low clock. Then some can still use cold if they like with older low clocked Hw and like myself not using cold isreally a pain in the arse.

just pitching out ideas, i liike the idea of limits and caps, makes you learn a new tweak or two and takes the top end hardware off the table.

I love the idea of air/water (no chillers) as it will force us to learn some tweaks! I have to say I joined this forum for the March 2015 competition for Heaven extreme and learned so many things just in tweaks to improve efficiency. My score almost increased by 15% just by participating in the competition and learning tons of stuff from you guys! This is a huge encouragement for a newb like me starting to learn new benches and wanting to push more.
I will do my best to join the summer benching categories :)
Cheers,
Marc

I love the idea of air/water (no chillers) as it will force us to learn some tweaks! I have to say I joined this forum for the March 2015 competition for Heaven extreme and learned so many things just in tweaks to improve efficiency. My score almost increased by 15% just by participating in the competition and learning tons of stuff from you guys! This is a huge encouragement for a newb like me starting to learn new benches and wanting to push more.
I will do my best to join the summer benching categories :)
Cheers,
Marc

We'd be glad to steal you from OCN :)
There's a LOT to be learned around here that people off the team never even know about.

Remember that team cup should be starting soon. So any contest could be skewed to help with team cup participation and results.

break it up by intel/ amd.
set a low clock limit, 2.5-3.0.
set a low ram clock, 1600.
no going cold for all, show open hardware monitor, mb temp must be greater than 22c.
should be easy to police.

On 2D benches they are usually separate
2.5-3.0 Mhz? We back in 2008?
DDR3 1600 Mhz see above quote.
Agreed.

I would say 4.5ghz is a fair speed to shoot for, most chips of the last few years can hit that mark. Ram I don't think should be limited either, personally. Tweaking ram speed and timings (as woomack pointed out) will be important tweaks.

I'm undecided on whether or not windows 8 should be allowed. I agree that it will help with more participation, but none of the results could be submitted to hwbot if the participant so desired.

I'm undecided on whether or not windows 8 should be allowed. I agree that it will help with more participation, but none of the results could be submitted to hwbot if the participant so desired.

Not to worry bro,
An ambient cooled, low clock competition will not breed any results worth posting at the Bot :(

This is why I am not an advocate of this type of competition, while yes it can help hone in tweaking skills, it wastes vast amounts of time that not all of us have, I do not speak for the majority here obviously, but when I am spending time benching the the goal has to be getting the best possible result period, not the best possible result at someone's idea of reasonable parameters.

:chair:

Long term vs short term thinking there Witchy.

You are thinking of how to make the best short runs you can, while this kind of competition is finding tweaks for long term bettering of the team's scores.

I only run win 8.1 on my rig below so I'm also on the sidelines watching.
How long has Win 8-8.1 been out?

I am running the latest build of Win 10 on my 3770k rig.

I liked Win 7 but I'ved moved on.

Win 8/8.1 haven't been allowed at the bot since hey discovered that the RTC could be tampered with. This altered benchmark results byt making the PC run longer than it thought it was.

@ marc0053, I know what you mean by OCN. Even Draven who looks after the canadian club has decided he doesn't like it that much anylonger. I hang out there a bit but it's not hard to find some attitude if you look.
You're more than welcome to come aboard and share in our knowledge. One thing we do require is 100 good posts and I think you have the benchmark quota already taken care of.

Back