• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer Bench off???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was just looking at that,

They must have some members leave their team, they dropped below us in team standings ???

Somewhat off topic, but side-question, is server 2012/2012R2 also banned? I have my dual proc (with 2 cpus that haven't been benched) board running 2012R2 server and could get us some points if I have some time to run some benchmarks.

edit: a simple google search answered my question:
http://hwbot.org/newsflash/2394_rem...lowed_at_hwbot_(microsoft_still_without_fix)/

server 2012/r2 is also banned.

Win 8/8.1 and Server 2012/R2 are allowed in situations when you can't install other OS or your hardware is not supporting older OS. It's obvious that some server, tablet etc setups won't run on Win7 or XP.

@OCN. I mentioned it in that random stuff thread. Some of their key members left an made a new team. I don't know how it will look in the futute but they're keeping OCN active looking at the points etc.

Win 8/8.1 haven't been allowed at the bot since hey discovered that the RTC could be tampered with. This altered benchmark results byt making the PC run longer than it thought it was.

@ marc0053, I know what you mean by OCN. Even Draven who looks after the canadian club has decided he doesn't like it that much anylonger. I hang out there a bit but it's not hard to find some attitude if you look.
You're more than welcome to come aboard and share in our knowledge. One thing we do require is 100 good posts and I think you have the benchmark quota already taken care of.

The post count will grow in the monthly competitions :)

Last edited:
Be careful Marc. I made the same joke almost verbatim and was "talked" to by one of the GREEN lads.

When I was giving advices how to set memory and other things then guys on OCN called me troll etc. When I gave them proof for what I said, most ignored it and some were still saying that I'm talking BS. They were still giving bad advices in 500+ page thread but who cares. I'm not going to waste my time on people like that.

When I was giving advices how to set memory and other things then guys on OCN called me troll etc. When I gave them proof for what I said, most ignored it and some were still saying that I'm talking BS. They were still giving bad advices in 500+ page thread but who cares. I'm not going to waste my time on people like that.

I remember your posts in the haswell-e thread on OCN about your awesome 5820k results and 1 particular guy giving you a hard time saying it couldn't be 24/7 stable unless it passed prime 95 for a gazillion years.
It's sad to see great overclockers like you giving advice and people like him not recognizing that and making it a bad learning environment for the rest of us who want to push our rigs.
There are a few bad apples on OCN that keeps questioning stability for benchers that only care (most of the time) for max points in benches.
They should split the OCN website to overclock/stock.net and another site called overclock/serious benchers.net..lol

We might as well be the serious benchers side :rofl:

I'm mean, where else have people put over 1.6V into Haswell chips on an AIO, on purpose, and still use that chip?

WOW amazing clocks and I'm surprised how much beating that chip can take on an AIO and still runs!
I ran 1.62V on my 5960x by mistake last week when trying to tweak on a x99 champion board. Almost had a heart attack as I was running on a small water loop and ambient were in the low 20 degree C.

What do you guys think about going for max memory frequencies for a monthly competition? I've just started to play around with OC'ing ram for higher frequencies than stock and find this sort of a grey area with very few guides out there. Personally this is something I want to learn and curious if others also show interest?
Maybe a category for DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4?

http://hwbot.org/benchmark/memory_clock/

That's no pansy AIO.
It eats heat better than an air conditioner :rofl:

Nice clocking indeed.

Also hitting 5Ghz here too... takes a boat load of Vcore to do it though...

WOW amazing clocks and I'm surprised how much beating that chip can take on an AIO and still runs!
I ran 1.62V on my 5960x by mistake last week when trying to tweak on a x99 champion board. Almost had a heart attack as I was running on a small water loop and ambient were in the low 20 degree C.

What do you guys think about going for max memory frequencies for a monthly competition? I've just started to play around with OC'ing ram for higher frequencies than stock and find this sort of a grey area with very few guides out there. Personally this is something I want to learn and curious if others also show interest?

Well, this is a unit made by Swiftech for Cooler Master ;)
And also it was in the middle of winter, so I may have had the window open :p

Shew, it's been a while since I did my memory clock. Wouldn't be a terrible idea to push my TridentX again.

That's no pansy AIO.
It eats heat better than an air conditioner :rofl:

Nice clocking indeed.

Also hitting 5Ghz here too... takes a boat load of Vcore to do it though...

Yeah, that 6300 you got is a pretty solid chip. You've just gotta keep it decently cool and divert your eyes from the vCore while benching :rofl:

Memory is where we could all learn the most, anyone can dump voltage into a cpu :D but ram timings ans sub timings :screwy:. I think we should consider it at some point this summer in the overclocktagon.

Memory is where we could all learn the most, anyone can dump voltage into a cpu :D but ram timings ans sub timings :screwy:. I think we should consider it at some point this summer in the overclocktagon.
I'm all for memory Ocing, though you peeps better get you're backup benching Os's in order. I've borked my benching Os's more times then I can count trying to get my sticks, fast and tight. :p

Too many changes at once can break it because data in the RAM will be corrupted. Small errors can be always corrected even without any ECC technology.
On Win7/8 it looks like:
1 system will boot and will pass benchmarks even though memory is generating errors
2 system will boot but will fail most more demanding tests, still will pass Spi 1M, pifast, wprime or other tests which barely base on memory speed
3 system will boot but all you will be able to do is CPU-Z screenshot
4 system will randomly boot and throw blue screens or "can't read memory in ... " error window ... still can make CPU-Z screenshots if you are quick enough :)
5 system will give you bluescreen while start , usually 50 or similar error code, depends from platform
6 system won't even start booting as memory errors could corrupt start files

WinXP is breaking much easier as there is no additional protection from OS side. It's also easier to boot at high clocks so it's better for max CPU-Z valid results.

Last edited:
I apologize guys, been a messed up few days and ready to start a **** storm at work. Well I didn't start it but I think I'm going to finish it, they're messing with my vacation time next week and that's not going to happen! I'll get something posted up today. I think with the set clocks that memory is going to be important regardless and maybe we can finish off the summer with some sort of memory race. Not a bad idea.

I apologize guys, been a messed up few days and ready to start a **** storm at work. Well I didn't start it but I think I'm going to finish it, they're messing with my vacation time next week and that's not going to happen! I'll get something posted up today. I think with the set clocks that memory is going to be important regardless and maybe we can finish off the summer with some sort of memory race. Not a bad idea.

That sucks...... you got enough going on go get some quiet time. I know what it's like to have your down time messed with especially when you get so little nowadays.

Thanks bassnut, I think I'll be having a few beers tonight. That's for sure. 30c outside , BBQ and beer sounds like the right combo.

Back