• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Bug In Maxmem dated 12/24/2013

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

I downloaded MaxMem from the web site and not from HWbot, which has MaxMem dated 02/04/2013. I was looking at getting a head start in the Div IV series. I did a BS run @ 4100 and got a score of 12+K with NO TWEAKS. I then proceeded to shut down all unneeded background tasks, opened AISuit and CPU-Z and started increasing CPU speed. The first screen shot is with CPU-Z open to show CPU speed and a second CPU-Z to show Memory freq. The second screen shot is after a reboot, were there are no tweaks involded. This is how my screen looked when I did the BS run.

Maxmem bugged benchrun #1.jpg

Maxmem Benchrun #2.jpg

Any Ideas :confused:

Bugged run. It happens on almost any benchmark at one time or another.
Probably due to AIsuite.

I'd DL the benchmarks from hwbot too. If versions don't match, runs aren't legit. Better to get it from the horses mouth.

I had a :shock: MaxMem run a few months back. I did everything I posted earlier and received a 30K run. That was with the software from HWbot and today's run was with the same version. On a AMD system, how many :shock: runs do you trow away before you take credit for the score. I'm a noob at this, so software manipulation is not involved. All I have done is the basic stuff : shutting down unneeded processes, setting MaxMem priority to high, keeping search indexer closed, turning all needed processes down to a priority no higher than normal.
Well here's my run from today

MaxMem Benchrun # 3.jpg

Maxxmem is randomly generating errors. Sometimes there are none but sometimes every couple of runs you get weird result. If you have more than 20GB/s on AMD then something isn't right or you have really high CPU-NB clock ( like 3200+ what is nearly impossible on these chips ).

Here is one made by me some time ago on [email protected], 3065MHz CPU-NB and 2500+ CL7 memory.
New FX series are faster but not so much.
attachment.jpg

I'm using 1.99 version for all my tests which seem to work fine on most platforms and I rarely see any bugged runs.

Last edited:
Back