• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Summer vintage Nvidia GPU challenge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoXQi3x

Hi guys, after all the 970 madness I just thought it would be fun to collect older "sweet spot" graphics cards. And it was easy, even in this country, with a market leader like Nvidia.
Today, I set them up on a wall rack next to my GPU rack. Now what? Fold of course :)
I know they will not be PPD monsters, in fact I know some may not even work with newer projects. Still, i thought it would be fun to run each card one week, and see what happens.
I have some options on test beds, and I will be using Win8.1, and dabble in some overclocking. Will start in a week or so, will appreciate any driver/optimization tips!

gpuwall_020515.jpg

As a start, I have been running a Gainward GTX 580 "Phantom" at close to stock speeds at a friends house (X4 965, Win7) for about a week. Using the newest 350.12 Nvidia driver.
PPD is typically ~45K on Core 18WUs!

Back