• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with mobo selection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tjw5000

making a build here and I had a couple questions. I had my mind set on the ASRock killer m and then the Asus Sabertooth x99 came out. for my past experience as this makes better motherboards and I love the look of it but all I'm doing is gaming and light video editing. and I love the red of the killer motherboard but something keeps pulling me towards the Sabretooth. my build was going to consist of K labs mercury s5 with the killer M motherboard and 2i star fourbay hot swappable drives. now I am looking at the same I star bays and a mercury s8 with the Sabertooth motherboard. so what does everyone suggest I know ASRock on this series of motherboards has really upped their game on the quality of motherboards they came out with but the stigma of bad motherboard from the past still stuck in my mind so what should I go with the Sabertooth or the either killer M or just killer motherboard

What's your full parts list right now? Listing like my sig will help us help you.
What's your intended usage of the system and your budget?

Once again, what's your intended usage of the system and your budget?

Gaming, light video editing. And transferring data from hdd to hdd. Budget is about 1600 excluding the case

Last edited:
Just hesitant to get a lower end board not sure why. Do they have the same quality components?

Just hesitant to get a lower end board not sure why. Do they have the same quality components?

No reason to be worried. The higher end boards typically just have more bios settings to play with, when overclocking. if you're not looking to get super technical with OC'ing, then the board above will work well for you. It will also OC just fine. If money really isn't an object and you're uneasy, then the sabertooth will be good for you too. :)

Back