• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system, wanted some input.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For CPU blocks, I would either go with Swiftech XL or XSPC Raystorm. They are the best bank for your buck CPU WBs. You don't need a full MB waterblock like the one you linked.

eh, I saw it was for my mobo specifically, caught my eye. I'll check out the swiftech, thanks again. For my GPU, do you guys know if the GTX980 classified is "reference design" or not?

That is not a reference designed GPU. A reference design GPU would be the GTX 980. You have a beefed up non-reference design.

There are specific blocks for that GPU. Mainly EK makes one for that GPU I believe which can be checked with coolingconfigurator from EK's site.

so, again, I've been away, who the frick is EK? are they good blocks?

They are a water cooling company. They sell lots of the GPU WB designs out in the marketplace where the competitors might lack on and so they are usually the go to place to grab a full GPU WB.

There are other GPU WB companies out there like Swiftech, XSPC, Alphacool and so on as well. EK has the Classified WB and is the only one atm AFAIK for your GPU since the PCB is a custom design.

alright, well you guys haven't steered me wrong yet, I'll check them out and grab me some blocks :D

EVGA's HydroCopper waterblock is made by EK for the 980 Classified.

Back