• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 280 Causing Media Centre to crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kalay

Hello,

I'm having issues with Windows Media Centre, and my new R9 280 graphics card.

I moved up from a GT660ti, hoping that the ATI card would get rid of some issues i had in the past, as well as, let me play GTA 5 a little nicer
(previous problems were due to codemasters games, and only codemasters games, them issues in no way would contributet o my issue now)

anyways, WMC (windows media centre) used to work flawlessly, even for a week or so since i installed my new card.

a few days ago, it started giving me issues, crashing, and restarting, but nothing else.

I have the following specs:
Windows 8.1
i5 2500k cpu
16gb RAM
Winfast PVR3200H TV Tuner

I HAD the ATI Beta drivers installed, however, removed them and ran the previous drivers, which still cause the same issue.
I removed both drivers, and ran with none for the ATI, and WMC ran well

The issue seems to be with atiumd6a.dll

If anyone could help, it would be greatful.

I don't really want to reformat my machine, and then realize it is a simple fix, BUT if i really need to, I'll reformat it and see how it goes.

Event Viewer is showing 2 errors

Firstly:
source: .NET Runtime
Application: ehshell.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 000000006C62C46F
Stack:

Secondly:
Application Error
Faulting application name: ehshell.exe, version: 6.3.9600.16384, time stamp: 0x5215efc2
Faulting module name: atiumd6a.dll, version: 8.14.10.481, time stamp: 0x546ea11c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000024c46f
Faulting process ID: 0x16fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0859319de2190
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\atiumd6a.dll
Report ID: 41abba73-f188-11e4-bee6-bc5ff40f21dc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks in Advance guys

Remove all display drivers with DDU, then reinstall the newest non-beta driver from AMD

yup, i got the latest non beta drivers installed.

just did it again, uninstalled, was running MCE, reinstalled, got a BSOD for some reason "KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE", rebooted, and same issue, WMC crashes.

but, did you wipe the drivers with ddu before installing that driver? there are likely old remnants from the previous driver installs. amd drivers lately are poop, chrome causes my main gaming desktop to bsod. 24/7 4.8ghz oc open chrome bsod.

yes wag, i did
booted into safemode like it said, deleted the drivers, and rebooted again before i installed the V14 (omega?) drivers

some more info from playing around last night
got to that file, renamed it, and WMC was sooking that i need to install a codec
"Decoder error"
thevideo decoder is not working, is not installed oris not supported. try installing the coded or restarting your computer....

Back