• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Rog swift pg278q question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drkcyde

Registered
Excuse me for posting here, but I did not see an area to post monitor questions. Anyways, I pre-ordered this monitor a while back and it just now has this really strange problem. When I turn the monitor on (for about the first 15 minutes of use), the screen will occasionally fade to white until it is completely white and then snap back to a perfectly fine picture. This happens usually once or twice and takes about 15-20 seconds for the event to unfold. After the initial start this problem stops. To confirm it was the monitor and not the video card, I turned the monitor on by itself not even attached to a PC and the same problem occurs. I personally believe the power supplied to the monitor is somehow off (either voltage or phase), but I'm not sure how to fix this problem. As stated I have an Asus Rog Swift pg287q (and I love it aside fromt his weird start-up problem). Can anyone give any help on this? I know they make filters to clean up power supply voltages, but I'm not sure if there is a similar product for monitor power supplies (kind of like a laptop power supply I suppose). Thanks for any help.

Moved to Displays and Digital camera section. :)

Never heard of that before. I'd would contact Asus personally.

Agreed with EarthDog, I would reach out to Asus. That doesn't sound like intended/expected behavior.

Back