• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with system front panel wiring?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So I have an ASRock A785GM - LE motherboard and I am having difficulty figuring out where the heck the wires for my case's front panel to. I figured out which header is for the system front panel, but cannot seem to figure out the correct placement for each connector. Here is a diagram I am looking at:

Screenshot_2015-05-04-15-38-29.png

As you may or may not be able to see, from top left to right it says: PLED+ PLED- PWRBTN# GND

On the bottom from left to right it says: HDLED+ HDLED- GND RESET# DUMMY

I thought the spot where it said PWRBTN is where the PWR SW connector would go, where it said HDLED is where the HDD LED connector would go and where it said RESET# is where the REST SW connector would go. But when placing them in said locations I couldn't get the computer to start up. If anyone could offer some input it would be greatly appreciated

If by both you mean the power and reset then yeah, everything was hooked up, I even tried putting them in different places. I feel I should mention this is NOT a pre built PC. The case is an aftermarket one I have had for a couple of years now, as with the motherboard. And the only connectors the case has are PWR SW RESET SW and HDD LED

No, I'm asking if both wires for the power switch plugged in.

There's only one for my case, I checked to make sure I didn't miss anything, and all I'm seeing is one wire for the power switch. Is there supposed to be two?

But when placing them in said locations I couldn't get the computer to start up. If anyone could offer some input it would be greatly appreciated
Did you reverse polarity (+ and -) by chance?

Because each side of those connectors are + or -. Pull them all off and try the power button headers. If it doesn't work, flip it around...

Nope and now I noticed the green light indicating my power supply is active isnt on even though it is
plugged into the outlet and the motherboard. Maybe the power supplg is bad? Although that makes no sense because last night it worked just fine in another computer

Back