• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little miffed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I checked my farm this morning and about half of my devieces were "Downloading" and not producing. Because I was short on time, I just restarted each machine and it seemed to help. I probably could have restarted the FAH client but it was fewer key strokes to restart the machines.

I've been getting various errors and failures to fold on my three AMD GPUs for the last two weeks, so that they are idle about 25% of the time.

My farm is 100% AMD 7970/R9-280x. Farm in sig. I've had a never ending string of issues here and there most of which are attributed to the equipment itself. This is just one more thing that has limited my production.

running 280x and 7970, win7 pro, drivers 13.9 and 13.12.
when I set it to finish, use the rig for something else for a while, when I boot, start folding, if it has to try more than twice, I have to just shut the rig down without pausing folding, and boot back up, sometimes I have to do this two or three times to get it to pick up a wu.
I don't know what to think, my Maxwell, under Linux just runs and runs, never needing anything.

all i get is work server 000.000.000 in fa@h control and when i click the server i get to this page, any ideas what's going on?

I wait, wait and wait, annnnnnnnd..........

Attachments

• folding.PNG
    folding.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 122
  • folding.PNG
    folding.PNG
    30.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I got home and three more GPUs without work. I got one of them to get a unit but the other two are still down. This has happened on my Windows Vista machine, My Windows 7 machine, my Server 2008 machine and my Windows 8.1 machine. Looking at the logs real quick it seems to be a Stanford issue. Unfortunately I have manditory overtime at work so off I go.

I see that my PPD has been down for a couple of days so I may be having the same problems with my farm. Oh well. I guess I'll know when I get home in a couple days.

I checked again this morning. All seems to be well. Unfortunately, we have a few days of T-storms coming which historically knock my farm down. We'll see how things go.

WARNING:WU01:FS01:Failed to get assignment from 'assign-GPU.stanford.edu:8080': 10001: Server responded: HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment

Now none of my GPUs are folding.

All six are idle.

I found last night and again this morning that most of my CPU units are "Downloading" as are a few of my GPUs. Restarting the client or machine did not resolve the issue. I'm losing a lot of production here. I'm still looking at Stanford for the cause.

yep, all my cards are out of work too

SMP seems to be folding though, but it could be because it still had work

update:

my smp client got a new unit, I don't have access to my other machines to check

Last edited:
In addition to WS issues, I accidentally inplugged my entire "tower" of 9 GPUs and switch which gave me IP issues. Now everything is running full steam. Some clients I just paused/folded to get running, others I reset the machine.

I didn't look last night but this morning all was well.

Back