• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enthusiast or Crazy???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mrdaethkills

Registered
So I am doing a crazy overkill build all i am missing is my CPU and GPU. I am 99.99% sure which GPU i am getting (2-3 Titan X) *cough*.
So the CPU i will be getting mine at Micro Center. It will ether be the 5960X or 5930K. I am very much okay with getting the 5960X the cost does not bother me.
My main question is am i just being an Enthusiast Hardware guy or just flat out crazy? I have been playing with the idea to start streaming Gameplay and maybe doing some youtube for fun not like it can hurt right? I am a military Mechanic and it can be rough sometimes. Gaming and computer hardware keep me happy I stalk Hardware forums and help people with choosing there Build. I have done quiet a few builds while overseas for friends.

Well, since you haven't listed your uses for the PC, its hard to say. But unless your work requires the uses of 8 cores, there is no point on spending that amount of money - regardless if you have the cash, to get a 5960X.

I remember you from your other threads which we touched on the crazy/enthusiast thing so this thread seems pretty redundant... you are getting 2 4K monitors right? I assume not gaming on both, at least not FPS anyway, so I would get 2 Titan X's, or two 980s (the 980s would be half the cost and 10% slower but still pound on 4K).

You Overclocked by 1.4Ghz that seems to be a standered across the board for the 5820K 5930K 5960X. As you only have 6 cores and the X has 8 it is more then making up for .5ghz. Its all about the percentage OC. I go to the states next month to get my CPU and we will see which one i pick.

You are very correct sir. I will do this bullet form because it will be easier for me :p
1. The more i have been researching the more and more i have been moving closer to the 5930K as I have 3ish weeks to go till i get my CPU i do believe i will be going that route.
2. I have not purchased my Titan Xs yet nor will i till ether its end august or we see how good the 390X and 980 Ti are.

I just built my second build ever.. 5930k and 2x 980s. getting 22000+ on firestrike standard. i bet i could go higher if firestrike would recognized my 750ti for physx instead of my cpu. buuut onto your cpu question. i have my 5930k running over 4.8 at 1.325v (hits 1.36v occcasionally under load) and input of 1.9v with a 42x cache and 102.2 bclk. while running 2133 a little oced to 2200 at 15-15-15-35. i tried upping to 4.9 and it ran but only at the previously reached 4.8 speeds. from what i have read the 5960x wont be able to do that...and i am hitting 18000+ on passmark cpus scores. which rival the 5960x for half the price. so in short.. i am very happy with my 5930k. pic of settings and running through the heaven bench without issues. (first post so i'm figuring out how pics work...link here http://s2.postimg.org/5wqd9mt2g/heaven4_8.jpg)

p.s. temps stay around 35c idle and hit 65c at load with these settings with a dc captain 360 cooler.
Its a CPU physics test man...more cores = better scores in that benchmark so that makes sense it is making up for the more cores.

Back