• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do my UPS Batteries need replacement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dja2k

I have a CyberPower 1000 VA UPS and when I do a self-test with the CyberPower app, my battery level goes to 50% right away after it finishes. Is this normal or is one of my batteries going bad? Thanks!

dja2k

Depending on how old the unit is and the quality of the batteries used, it is "normal" for the batteries to die. Every Ups I've owned, the batteries have eventually have had to be replaced.

im not sure how it works ... but somtimes i kno tests will kick off the ac and just run on the dc current.. does it go back to full after?

try unplugging it from the wall and see how long your computer stays up... easiest way to find out

I have a CyberPower 1000 VA UPS and when I do a self-test with the CyberPower app, my battery level goes to 50% right away after it finishes. Is this normal or is one of my batteries going bad? Thanks!

dja2k

It depends on what the load is on the UPS, what are you running off of it and how old is it. As mandrake stated they eventually die. the typical anticipated life is about 3 years for the batteries because they are always on a trickle charge, which causes them to sulfate which causes them to not hold a charge.

i buy the cheap $16 batteries off ebay, have never had any issues with them so far. just make sure you get ones with the right posts.

Back