• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just wanted to say "Hey"
Haven't spent much time on the forum, but have appreciated the many articles during my short time in overclocking.
Now that I've gotten more serious about benching and freezing, looking to broaden my horizons a bit.
Is there a hwbot or bench thread here?

Just noticed my sig. A little dated.

Hotrod,

You're obviously not too particular who you associate with but you'll not find a nicer bunch of derelicts than
those in the extreme cooling section. Enjoy yourself and hopefully you have no daughters of marrying age. :rofl:

:welcome:

You know it! I've always seemed to struggle with nVidia. I have a 580 LEX that's the same way. Reference 6970 is a breeze in comparison on cold.

It's always been the opposite for me, I struggle to make points on AMD GPUs.

Man, I keep thinking that I should work through some of my parts backlog, but then I just end up tweaking on the 4790K again...

It's always been the opposite for me, I struggle to make points on AMD GPUs.

Man, I keep thinking that I should work through some of my parts backlog, but then I just end up tweaking on the 4790K again...
Lol. Know the feeling. Once I hit my limit on 5820, back to the 4790k until I score a 5960x. I've tried to collect a decent gpu from recent gens. Just received a 7970 Matrix today. It does take some patience getting used to benching both nVidia and AMD successfully. NVidia is about jumping thru bios hoops and drivers. AMD seems to be lottery. I can usually tell in 20 min or so if a AMD card is a winner or not.

I've always had issues with drivers working right on AMD GPU's, personally.
I agree though, nVidia is definitely about BIOS and driver tweaking skills primarily.

I've always had issues with drivers working right on AMD GPU's, personally.
I agree though, nVidia is definitely about BIOS and driver tweaking skills primarily.

Avoid OMEGA drivers at all costs.
Stick with 14.9 or 13.12 :thup:

Oh and :welcome: back to OCF hotrod!!! :cool:

Just looking at your Titan X results , Very strong :thup:

Been a while since I had a fresh minty new GPU to play with :(

Going to try my luck with some 5870's on the 16th

I have a history with AMD Drivers though

Kinda like sticking an ice pic in my forehead :chair:

5870's.JPG

I always look for drivers corresponding to a gpu dating or when it was used most prevelent. Also utilize different oc utilities for each gen and driver as well. My 6970 does horrible with AB, but is golden on Trixx, ect., ect.

Nice to see you around Hotrod, I'm doing my best to get down to Witchy's next weekend. So far so good. It'll be great to finally meet so many guys face to face.

Nice to see you around Hotrod, I'm doing my best to get down to Witchy's next weekend. So far so good. It'll be great to finally meet so many guys face to face.
Hey Bud. I can't wait to finally meet and socialize with people that have same interests in benching and overclocking.

Nice one Blaylock.
Don't forget to milk the bull

Back