• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well what I can do since there isn't nothing on that HDD really but Benchmarks I can reinstall the O/S I have on this main DRIVE and see if I get the same result as what I got on this drive . if so them would you say it what the O/S that's on there now?

Same O/S you got

Right, the reason we don't use our daily drives is because BSOD's cause all kinds of errors in windows its self. I like to do fresh installs after each series of benching. i.e. I'll use 4 different installs for this challenge. 1 for each benchmark not counting any borking(corrupting).

Lol, no doubt. If my times are in the ballaprk, no way I go to thkse extremes. ..

"Ain't got no time fo dat! "

I'm seeing "8-9 year old" hard drive... That sounds like the problem to me, but check the SMART data to see.

I'm seeing "8-9 year old" hard drive... That sounds like the problem to me, but check the SMART data to see.
Age has nothing to do with it.
I have a few 10 gig or less drives on some bench rigs. That should give you an idea of their age.

Age has nothing to do with it.
I have a few 10 gig or less drives on some bench rigs. That should give you an idea of their age.

Still, if it was used in a daily rig for that 8-9 years its very possible it's just dying.

No doubt there are plenty of older drives that still work perfectly, but that's why I noted to check the SMART data.

I still need to figure out xp for z97... anyone have an iso with asrock drivers it? so lazy.....

I'm likely to just strip the hell,out of w7 and say f(orget) it. Lol!

ok my 500 gig all formatted just got to put drivers in it and all then will bench on it and see what happens

Chipset, gpu, nic. That's all you should need for a benching os (some don't even put nic on)

Can definitely tell it's not new, but it doesn't appear to be keeling over.

Back