• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well to bring everyone up to date that O/S that I originally had on my 1st score I post was bunnied , cause not I put the O/S I have on my main drive on my Bench HDD and all is well , so the answer to what you guess was asking yes that O/S is not good ty

well to bring everyone up to date that O/S that I originally had on my 1st score I post was bunnied , cause not I put the O/S I have on my main drive on my Bench HDD and all is well , so the answer to what you guess was asking yes that O/S is not good ty

Thanks for the update Roger, glad you got it fixed!

Updated Scores

XRogerX/ AMD/ 6 cores/ Pifast / 34.35

PiFast 34.35.PNG

XRogerX/ AMD/ 6 cores/ WPrime 1024 / 361.529

WPrime 361.529.PNG

XRogerX/ AMD/ 6 cores/ GPUpi (CPU) 1B / 10m 38.452

GPUpi 10m 38.452.PNG

Have you tried slowing it down a touch to see if the X goes away there Doc?

I believe that OS copy is screwed up, it was acting crazy so I tried another like it and it worked normally. Tried it with another setup yesterday and was acting crazy as well there.
Haven't tried GPU-PI with it yet but all indications suggest that particular copy of the OS I was using is borked somehow. No V-lite or anything, it's a straight copy of Win 7 64 bit.

Once I have a chance to try it I'll know whether I'm actually right or not.

Going to tinker with me RAM tonight then run some summer fun on the rig :thup:

So can we do all of them? or just pick one bench?

Just curious guys ..... you drives you use for your benching OS ......do you use SSD or the older mechanical drives?

@SP ...... all the benches. I think that Johan has set this up like the rookie rumble, the bit that I seen of it.

there wont be any playing for me for a bit ..... 6 hours in the bush with the splitter and I might have 1 maybe 2 months of wood split. Tonight I feel everyone of my years. Cold beers and BBQ then a soft couch for me.

I bench on my main OS drive. Which is a mech drive ;)

Which reminds me, need to image capture it before I roast the OS lol

Depends on the bench and how you use it.
It definitely eases the pain of waiting for re-boots between runs.

hmmm making me think if I should redo my Whole PC and make my SSD the Benching

and I got my two HDDs in today , haven't made up my mind on how to put them in as two singles or Raid0

and Give the 500 to the wife

I've played the Raid 0 game many many times.
Not worth it.
Realistically, if you have only 1 SSD, use it for your daily OS. You'll appreciate it more.
Bench drive is a bench drive. You'll trash it more times than you can count.

Thanks ..... was thinking of picking up a couple SSD drives for benching as I have been using my 24/7 OS so far. Not a big deal on my Intel rig as it is just more of a play toy but on my AMD rig it has all my stuff on. I can admit it needs an overhaul as I know there is some errors on it. Just have to make up my mind what I am going to do ...... I can get some smaller SSD for 65 ish ....... we'll see. I think I have a couple of WD Black 750's kicking around may just use them ...... if I can find them.

Thanks ..... was thinking of picking up a couple SSD drives for benching as I have been using my 24/7 OS so far. Not a big deal on my Intel rig as it is just more of a play toy but on my AMD rig it has all my stuff on. I can admit it needs an overhaul as I know there is some errors on it. Just have to make up my mind what I am going to do ...... I can get some smaller SSD for 65 ish ....... we'll see. I think I have a couple of WD Black 750's kicking around may just use them ...... if I can find them.
I use SSD's only because I picked up a few fairly cheap. Though, as said above having them on the benching rig makes life a lot less painful when Bluescreening or if you bork the OS.

Just curious guys ..... you drives you use for your benching OS ......do you use SSD or the older mechanical drives?

I run all mechanical drives for my benching installs currently, probably have eight different drives for that purpose. Need to replace two of them, since they started showing SMART errors, bad sectors, and weak sectors last year.

Hoping to replace all or most of them with small SSD's at some point though.

At least my benching drives load up faster than my main PC's OS drive, even without any tweaks to the OS install. The main PC takes 3-4 minutes to reach full boot up, benching drives are usually 2 minutes or less (just because I have a lot more programs installed on my main PC's drive).

Devlos / i3 4370 / 2c4t / AIO water / 0h 0m 58.632s

GpuPi

View attachment 163368

I think that has to be the wrong bench Devlos. That's way too fast.

I'm pretty new to these benches. Is it best to have windows xp sp3?

Depends Spi for sure WPrime XP or Vista 32 and I think the GPUpi runs best in win7x64 but it's still on the table. nOT ENOUGH TESTING YET.

Back