• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks. still need to figure something out for gpupi you got the works there and a big lead on everyone

thanks. still need to figure something out for gpupi you got the works there and a big lead on everyone
Something is up with Gpupi for me and my AMD chips. I cannot get within 2 minutes of Polroger I've tried everything I can think of. No idea what is up with it.

Some updates:

marc0053 - intel i7 5960x / 8 cores - HT disabled / SPi 32M / 7min : 26.640 sec
SPi 7 min 26.640 sec OC.JPG

marc0053 - intel i7 5960x / 8 cores - HT disabled / Pifast/ 16.15 sec
Pifast 16.15 sec.jpg

marc0053 - intel i7 5960x / 8 cores - 16 thread / wprime 1024 / 89.422 sec
Wprime 1024 89.422sec.JPG

Also a few full out benches on custom water loop at 24C ambient (just for fun)

wprime 73.452.PNG

Attachments

• pifast 12.95.PNG
    pifast 12.95.PNG
    397.7 KB · Views: 134
  • SPi 6 min 04.156 sec.JPG
    SPi 6 min 04.156 sec.JPG
    266.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Spi 1M 7.140.PNG
    Spi 1M 7.140.PNG
    336.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
super work Marc. you have to be putting that quad memory to work, those times are sweet

OK Updated, nice scores Marc, how about a GPUPi and I can update the rankings.

What's the matter Manny, afraid of a little competition?

Thanks guys! this is a lot of fun and I'm learning tons :)
for Spi 32M I found the best OS was xp 64 bit (without any updates). I tried win 7 64 bit, then win xp 32bits and settled on win xp 64 bit.
I tried about a good 10-15 tweaks on guides find online and they didn't help me much. Wazza (a huge PITA to get going correctly) shaved about 1-2 seconds on my best scores when I could get it to work properly.

I didn't really find any tweaks for pifast and wprime other than win 7 64 bit worked best for me.

So far GPUPI I'm not really sure how to tweak. I started by putting in a 290x and installing those drivers and then install a Titan x with Nvidia drivers. I did remove the 290x but kept the amd drivers so I can use the AMD acceleration.
the Intel cpu openCL does start quicker but after batch 4 it slows down and loses to the AMD accelerated parallel processing option.

I still have tons to learn and will hopefully improve some of these scores in the next month.

marc0053 - intel i7 5960x / 8 cores / 16 threads / GPUPI 1B/ 3min 28.084sec
GPUPI 3min28.084sec.jpg

Glad you're enjoying yourself marc, all updated and I'm headed for home

Marc, you'll want HT Enabled for wPrime and set it to 16 threads :thup:

That was a mistake on my submission but HT was indeed enabled :)

Yes it was I checked when verifying the subs or would have said the same as ATM. Nice work, not quite enough to top Manny yet. Guess all the worry was for nothing.

Marc, run on the AMD timer instead of the RTC timer. You'll shave some time from GPUPi.

Back