• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Project VF8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UPDATE 7

In recent days, I again met the terrible duties, so I could not move forward on this project. Therefore, I now only show the hardware from HyperX :)
Of course I want to thank HyperX for the great support and cooperation on my projects!

Guys please check these links! It will help me a lot :)

http://bit.ly/1EaastQ and http://bit.ly/1yR9G4

hypX.png

I received three Savage SSDs (2x120, 1x240) and 16 GB RAM also from a series of Savage. Drives very soon will go to the white paint..

Here are a few photos :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

If you are interested in more look at these links to find out more :)

http://bit.ly/1EaastQ and http://bit.ly/1yR9G4S

More coming soon! :)

UPDATE 8

This week I finished work on the HyperX SSD. Their basic black color is over.. :D I painted all three disk white, and the result is, I think, super :)

Discs are assembled together using four torx screws.

1.jpg

Specifically, it needs screws to torx screwdriver with hole.

2.jpg

After removing the screws, the entire disassembly actually done ..

3.jpg

The other side of the disc

4.jpg

From these empty frames disk I still had odendat stickers from the front of the red metal logo HyperX

5.jpg

Using a heat gun metal I warmed it and then comfortably peeled off

6.jpg

Backside has also without unnecessary stickers and ready for painting. I cleaned them with alcohol and than I painted them with white spray. I did not make some science about it as it small spaces :D
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture when spraying. I applied 3 layers of white in total.

7.jpg

And here is the result :) I like it much more than the classic black ..

11.jpg

12.jpg

Just peed on disks mounted in a case. Super contrast and drives beautifully stand out :)

14.jpg

If you want more of HyperX series Savage visit these two links

http://bit.ly/1EaastQ and http://bit.ly/1yR9G4S

More coming soon! :)

UPDATE 9

Again, here we have products presentantion update :D presentation of products from Taiwanese company Bitspower. The company is engaged in production blocks, fittings, reservoirs, tops, etc .. Actually everything for water cooling. And honestly, I can say that in the field of fittings are clearly a few levels higher than the rest. Mega offer fittings in all possible colors and most types :)

Of course, I want to thank for products which they sent for this project!

bp.jpg

Two magnificent blocks for card ASUS 970 Strix. The quality is first-class blocks

img_1444.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Summit EF block on the CPU. I'm not sure I use the top or select rather clear that all blocks will be same - clear acrylic.

6.jpg

Block RAM memory. Here I am again available transparent top, if I decided to change :)

7.jpg

Mounting parts for the assembly of the D5 pump.

8.jpg

TOP for D5 pump

9.jpg

Mounting kit to pump tops for beautifully smooth, clean finish.

10.jpg

Expansion vessel with a length of 250 mm are for my machine the ideal choice.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

And of course fittings, in the photo I put only one of each :D Because of them I have probably over 120 pieces D I have to sort them into boxes again for better "orientation" during building water loop :D

15.jpg

More vey soon!!

UPDATE 10

Today I had a whole day addicted to modding :) So I started with pumps. It was necessary to complete the D5 pump ALPHACOOL together with Bitspower Top and mod kit. Perfect work on shiny afternoon.

Pumps are in a small package, which is exactly on them and nothing else. Bitspower packed top and kit into one big box with a label Special package - combo set.

img_1941.jpg

All unpacked and ready for mounting

4.jpg

Before the assembly was needed but sleevecables from the pump. To make it look clean impression, so I sleeving cables to pumps inside :)

5.jpg

Make each pump took only a moment.

7.jpg

The box from the tank top is a beautiful image that makes everyone can handle this assembly :)

3.jpg

The pump is inserted into mod kit, and then this unit is screwed to the very top.

9.jpg

Complete longer functional pump ready for operation. And the base, which includes rubber anti-vibration pad.

12.jpg

Top offers 3 input and output threads 2, which is quite sufficient connectivity.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

I have mounted pumps in the case. But unfortunately I do not have the strength to write another update todays and edit photos :D So just a small taste for next time :p

ts.jpg

UPDATE 11

As you probably noticed, so last week I have had no time to deliver the promised update abotu assembling of pumps :D But it is here, as well as photos of several new and very important things for the functioning of a computer :)

Pumps are ready in case!

1.jpg

That left only carefully think about where exactly is mounted, fortunately it was not rocket science :D

2.jpg

Then I traced the mounting holes on the paper and duct tape and drilled ..

3.jpg

Pumps in place, and with them the first fittings :)

5.jpg

There is already a little more fittings :D

6.jpg

I planned it that here will be rigid pipe, but when I did so a few days "watching" probably would be better to put the classic tubing there :)

7.jpg

Well, not completely better, but the smoothness appearance. At the bottom of the other tubes were problematic. And I do not want to mix so that the lower part will be classic tubing and the upper part of case will be acrylic pipes.

8.jpg

It is actually just the replacement of these two connections (four fittings).

9.jpg

I love the details on all products Bitspower :)

10.jpg

PSU from Coolermaster V1000, I think the perfect choice for this machine. I would like to thank the company Cooler Master, who believed in my projects already some years :)
cooler.jpg

11.jpg

PSU itself works very well, and his appearance is definitely worth mentioning.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

An essential part of the resources are obviously cables.. Again, I would like to thank the Icelandic company http://www.IceModz.com for this beautiful, custom crafted, complete wiring for psu.

icm.png

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Always I get an extra couple of things :D As various cables and led tapes in great quality. MORE SOON!!! :)

21.jpg

UPDATE 12

Today is the update massacre, in terms of the number of photos :D total 24 ..

I had moved to assemble components in case. The main panel where all the hardware will be installed again, as in the previous project, is removable. I can assembly HW and watercooling easier, and it's just an overall great :)

But first let's look at what I got for this project form ASUS Czech. I want to thank entire ASUS Czech team - not only for this support, but also for other things, projects and so on !! ASUS believes in me since the very beginning, and I really appreciate it :)

rog.jpg

Motherboard Formula VII. P.S. On graphics cards from ASUS will look in next update :p

The main thing everyone notices is definitely a "shield" plates on both the front and rear.

1.jpg

9.jpg

Input and output connectivity boards, is more than sufficient. There is technology as IntelEthernet, LANguard, GameFirst III - which are perfect network technology for online gaming

2.jpg

Detail shield. Board also offers high-quality SupremeFX audio.

3.jpg

A total of four RAM slots for up to 3300+ MHz frequency (overclocking)

4.jpg

Without these buttons I cant imagine the board :D really useful things :)

5.jpg

SATA ports with speed 6Gb / s.

6.jpg

Tile is wearing an integrated VRM cooler. It is a copper block, so there is no corrosion problems or other problems.

7.jpg

Up to mount !!

The entire panel is composed of two parts, which probably does not have more to describe :)

11.jpg

And assembled together

12.jpg

Reservoirs in place. This is done so that it holds only on fittings (very tight). It took lot of measuring but now reservoirs are assembled without any screws, which to me looks much better :)

13.jpg

Fixation is using 90-degree fittings, couplings and bulkheads Bitspower.

14.jpg

Bottom mount exp.

15.jpg

Fittings on top.

16.jpg

As you can see, everything is perfectly precise and clean. Or not? :D

17.jpg

Motherboard in place, it begins to take shape. Finally!

18.jpg

19.jpg

The moment of truth, if everything is correct and the board, including its I/O panel sits right ...

20.jpg

I would say that totally fits exactly :D

21.jpg

Thus far it looks like.

22.jpg

Motherboard has also MPCIE COMBO III, which serves as a WiFi card, but here you can mount M.2 SSD.

23.jpg

Rear side. Here is the filling port for reservoir.

24.jpg

Total rear view.

25.jpg

How do you like it? I'll be glad for all the comments, criticisms, etc. :) MORE SOON!

Enjoying this so far, looking very cool, neat and nice!

Thanks man! Hope you will continue with enjoying this :p

--------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 13

Everything will be watercooled, so the RAM :D

The first step is to remove original HyperX heat sink.. Heat gun is best for this!

1.jpg

Naked HyperX Savage looks something like this :D

2.jpg

3.jpg

Then mounted Bitspower heatsink.. Also with new thermal pads

4.jpg

This new cooler is secured using two small screws and you're done :)

5.jpg

RAMs finished with new heatsinks

6.jpg

7.jpg

The panel looks great, but still missing something ..

8.jpg

..water block :)

9.jpg

The last few days I was thinking a lot about the entire loop. What and how. It was not easy, the loop must be simple and above all look good. After X a million options, I found a (hopefully) the best :D
This is just a small beginning :)

10.jpg

Even with this project, I follow that everything is all about detail and precision. More very soon !! Again, I will be glad for your comments, criticisms, etc. :)

11.jpg

UPDATE 14

On Friday was delivered the last component from the sponsors. A small, but very important!

Many thanks to Intel Czech for sending processor!

intel.png

Arrived Core i7 4790K - that's the best thing you can put into the slot in 1150 :)

1.jpg

My collection 4790Ks again slightly expanded :D

2.jpg

The processor includes a 4.0 GHz base frequency of 4.4GHz with TurboBoost. Of course overclocking is a great option due to unlocked multiplier.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Processor in place :)

5.jpg

A little paste directly mounted water block Bitspower ..

6.jpg

A long time I figured out how to do loop in this part. The priority is, of course, look :D

7.jpg

I think I had spent an hour or so. Mainly it had to correspond with the rest of the loop, because the block on the CPU has clearly given, which thread is the entrance and the which is exit. But in the end it worked out nicely and precisely :)

8.jpg

Thus far it looks like! Next time I promised graphics, cables, circuit etc etc :D By mid-September, it will hopefully be finished :)

9.jpg

UPDATE 15

Finally here are the earlier mentioned graphics and installation :)

Again, I want to really thank ASUS CZ, for all the support that I have getting from them !!

rog.jpg

A pair of GTX970 series Strix cooling DirectCUII, but that will go away :D cards are in absolute silence in idle mode, but also in stress are very quiet.

1.jpg

The card offers all common today connectors - DVI, HDMI and DP.

3.jpg

4.jpg

The power supply takes one 8pin. Also, you can see the massive heatpipe cooler :)

5.jpg

The back is equipped with a cover backplate

6.jpg

7.jpg

Mounting blocks is not rocket science :D

10.jpg

Back

11.jpg

Front side. It remains only to clean the core paste and apply new thermal grease and mount the new nice block! :D

12.jpg

Both cards without their DCII coolers :)

13.jpg

Finally cards and their Bitspower blocks!

14.jpg

The blocks are delivered with backplate too which looks very classy imo :)

15.jpg

It really take shapes these days :) but still remains to complete all fittings, pipes and complete the whole loop ..

18.jpg

17.jpg

Even now I can not wait filling! :D

19.jpg

The first tube, fittings and the indicator in place. Some tubing takes so much time.., but I want to be in everything 100% sure that I want it and I like it :)

20.jpg

22.jpg

And the last picture is what it looks like :)

21.jpg

Do you like, dislike? Thanks for your feedback!

*gasp* you mean no custom red/black cover for that SLI bridge??? Haha just kidding, I'm loving it so far! I'm paying close attention to see if I can pick up any tips for crafting those panels, as I'm going to have to do the same with my current build. Keep up the amazing work :clap:

Back