• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Completed WC Build Air 540

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BaggedFeet

This is my second water build ever. I don't really even count it being my second because all I did was switch cases. Being that it is my second time putting this together, be a little easy on me. If you like it, then cool. If not, oh well.

I saved up for a couple of months and built this, first, with a 900D case. It is a nice case and perfect if you have a multi-gpu WC build. But I didn't have that so I bought a white 540 to replace it and sold the 900D to a friend.

Because I had the 900D, I bought a 250mm res and I didn't feel like mounting it on the inside like I saw someone do in a 540 somewhere. So I decided to mount the res on top and just drilled two holes to fit both the compression fittings and cut a big rectangle out of the holder under that hold the fan controller.

The UV lights don't do good on my iPhones camera. So, sorry for the crap quality.

Tell me what you like or don't like about it. I'm all good with any type of criticism!

My specs are:

Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 1150
i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz @ 1.2v (turned it down from 4.7GHz @ 1.325v)
Corsair Dominator Platinums 16GB (2x8GB) 1866MHz
EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 SC
Corsair RM1000
Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB (x2)
WD Green 1TB HDD

Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 120.3 (push/pull)
Primochill Tubing
EK Supremacy EVO CPU block
FrozenQ LK Reaction 250mm Res with extenders on both ends
Distilled water with Mayhems Laser Green UV Dye
NZXT SenMix 2 Fan Controller
Bitspower Matte Black Compression Fittings 3/8 x 1/2 (x8)

v3J7bBTl.jpg
X3eANkul.jpg
VMUNK8gl.jpg
Az9e4qel.jpg
6WPmRQfl.jpg
KrCfqIOl.jpg
DgPnQBVl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I should make another post for this question, if so, I'll do that.

I'm not too familiar with the resell value on builds/components. How much should I ask or expect to get if I sold this as a whole?
I want to sell it so I can make an mATX build and would like this to fund that.

That's a cool build man. Put it in to "mod" section to get more love :) the lighting is nice, and it's obviously a beast!

For resale I'd imagine 80-90% value because everything you have still commands a premium. 1000w psu was a tad extreme though haha.

Thanks! Yeah, the 1000w is overkill, but I planned on doing more, obviously it didn't pan out haha.
How do I move this to that section?

I´m really digging the reservoir on top. Hot-rod status. I dont really get why you have that fan sticking out of the case. To see the board better? Having fans on top already I would just ditch it or put a low profile one but on the inside. I guess its just my OCD thing with stuff sticking out of the case. I have a corsair 230T (orange with a blue motherboard and a red gpu *stabs eyes with forks*) and I have the rad on top on the inside and the fans on the outside. I hate it, specially when I move my computer since I just can´t use the box that the case came in. It´s a nice build and I would keep it instead of selling it. Here where I live the mod community is not that great and the resell value of anything isn´t that great with anyting because the country is sh*t. My build didn't really plan out and I´m having a hard time reselling it. Good luck.

Back