• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nod to caddi daddi and AMD drivers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
caddi daddi has been on the ball in regards to which drivers yield the greatest number of points. It is in the spirit of his helpfulness that I add updated information that I have recently found.

In looking at my farm, my Windows 7 and 8.1 machines (64 bit) do very well with CCC version 14.9. I do not see a difference between Xfire or no Xfire. On my 8.1 machine I keep the cards in Xfire for my gamming and my Windows 7 is not Xfire. Both machines are making about the same ppd.

The Windows 8.1 had 14.12 AMD drivers for over a month and was consistently producing about 80k ppd per 280x/7970 card. The Windows 7 machine has 14.9 drivers and was much closer to 150k ppd per similar card. I back dated my AMD drivers on the 8.1 machine and instantly my cards are closer to 150k ppd.

I hope that this is helpful to some one out there.

Don.

FOLD ON!

kind words from one that has taught me so much.
I have also found that there are three different series of 7970/280 cards, gcn and such, so it will pay to try drivers from 13.9 to 14.9.
I find that crossfire costs me ppd.
I suspect that my cards are all early cards as they all react pretty much the same to drivers and operating systems.

I know it's only been a few hours since I went to 14.9, but it seems the change is giving me almost 100,000 PPD increase with 3 7970s and my 4770k.

Yessir. 14.9 is the only drivers I run for this reason!

:salute: to caddi for the confirmation that 14.9 is the best!

Back