• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! overclocking my 1090T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
(SOLVED) HELP!! overclocking my 1090T

seems quiet around and I just can't seem to get my 1090T tweaked just right, so set me up guys.

the rig.
cpu, yea, as you might expect it's a thuban 1090T, well seasoned
motherboard, asus crosshair v formula, well seasoned also.
psu, who cares, I can't remember what it was I put in the thing, might even be a fire hazard ulta X4, it's my stuff, let her burn.
GPU, asus DCUII 7970, three slot monster, I just love this giant.
memory, 8 gigs of some good, 1600 G-skill stuff.
cooling, coolermaster seidon, 240m. case cooling, some fans blowing air around here and there.
os, win7 pro.

so to start, manually set up stock, what's next?

Attachments

• 1090.JPG
    1090.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
took a minute, I had to find the LLC I was looking for, had to move it to ultra high to get it to act the way I want it to act.
voltage mode, offset.
offset voltage sign, +.
LLC, ultra high, to get it to add vcore under load.
I should start to walk my vcore down now, but why be smart, I'll be stupid and work my cpu speed up with a little more multi.

Attachments

• 3400.JPG
    3400.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 198
You know the drill C/D raise the multi or Fsb run prime 20 min, add voltage accordingly, rinse and repeat. I'm surprised your temps are in the high 40's already though, using the Sedion 240. After you find you're top play with the Nb freq, these Thubans can usually run it pretty high. The one I got from you did 3400 Mhz, note that was on DICE, though. Had it up to 2800 on Air today messing around with it, with 1.35 Cpu Nb V, for benching.

ok, so here we are at 3600, multi only, not even vcore so we know for a fact that the 3400 vcore is a bit high.
like the idiot I am, instead of working my vcore down I'll just press on to my target of 3800, as we all know that is the sweet spot for thuban and phenom for 24/7.

Attachments

• 3600.JPG
    3600.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 193
don't blame the cooler for the heat, the poor little fans on it are pushing through the rad and then through the 200mm fans in the top of the case I didn't bother to remove or even plug in.

so there's 3800, multi only, not even vcore.
Wednesday I guess it will be time to work on the nb and ht.

Attachments

• 3800.JPG
    3800.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 192
vcore at 1.425 under load leaves room for increasing that. I think you might be able to get 3.9 ghz with some more vcore.

Also, CD, we usually find we get better overclocks on that generation AMD CPU by using a combination of the FSB and the multiplier when overclocking. More complicated because you have to also manipulate HT Link and CPU/NB frequencies (and voltages for CPU/NB) but it usually will allow being stable at a lower vcore at the same clocks.

HI, trents, good to see my old friend.
the idea is to raise me in those areas, mem and cpu/nb, I'm rather weak in those two.
this cpu peters out at around 4.1 and as far as core clocking, I feel I am rather strong and fearless there so we can kind of use this 3.8 clock and if it drifts we'll have headroom for that.
the idea for this rig is to teach me some of the stuff I am weak in on a rig that has no use and can be borked at anytime, when I feel like it I'll take all the stuff out of it and put them back in the draw.
here's the baseline 3.8 clock, ram voltage is 1.55, read to read is set to 3, write to write is set to five, I can go to 4 but 3 gives me a no boot.

- - - Updated - - -

we can use some benchmarks.... cinebench and super pi mod 1.5 sound like a good mix?

Attachments

• 3800.JPG
    3800.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 181
soooo... here are our base line benchmarks, I like to do this if only because it shows it will complete the bench.
I'll drop the core multi 1.0 and raise the core back to close to 3800 with the fsb, making no other adjustments and re-run the benches.
I chose super pi 32m so it'll be a bit, sorry.

Attachments

• cinebench 3800.JPG
    cinebench 3800.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 175
  • superpi.JPG
    superpi.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 176
there we go.
what's next?

Attachments

• cinebench.JPG
    cinebench.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 168
  • superpi.JPG
    superpi.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 167
well this really sucked.
I lowered the multi 0.5 and raised the fsb to regain about 3800, this gave me the wonderful no post.
with the increase in ram speed the ram just couldn't do it so I had to loosen the timings from 7-8-8-24 to 7-9-9-24 to get back into windows, the ram speed could not make up for the looser timings and it shows in the bench scores.
this is not a good bus speed for this combo.
this also shows that a good board will pay you back, in spades....... no powering down, no cmos reset, just reboot three times and it magics itself back to the bios screen.

Attachments

• cinebench.JPG
    cinebench.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 168
  • superpi.JPG
    superpi.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 162
well...... that was more blue and black screen fun, it seems to tell me that I needed to reduce the ram speed, what I have done for this round.
now I need to tighten the ram back to 7-8-8-24 and use the bus to bring the speed back into the mid 1700's and the cpu/nb in the mid 2800,s

Attachments

• cinebench.JPG
    cinebench.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 164
  • superpi.JPG
    superpi.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 164
it looks like I'll have to go back to the clock in post #13, the 217 bus and start working the cpu up and see where we might go at that time.

sorry, johan, I did not think you were using this bench in the overclocktapuss.

Those sticks you have is the 5th through 8th numbers on the serial 1040? I think those are Psc Ic's. You could try running them at 7-9-7 above 800 Mhz or 8-9-8. No guarantees but you should be able to run them near 1900 Mhz on the 1090t. What volts are you giving the Cpu Nb and the Dram?

at about 1.25 on the cpu/nb.
1.575 on the ram.
the best I can get out of these sticks on my own is about 1775.
what should I do?????

Highest I've been able to get with my 1090T was 3.9GHz using a Gigabyte 970A-D3 (or 4GHz with some ridiculous settings which I wouldn't stick to). I know some has been able to get 4.1GHz.

If you want to see if you can get the sticks higher, give it some more volts. Try 1.3 Cpu Nb V and the sticks 1.65 V. What's the serial number on the sticks CD?

Highest I've been able to get with my 1090T was 3.9GHz using a Gigabyte 970A-D3 (or 4GHz with some ridiculous settings which I wouldn't stick to). I know some has been able to get 4.1GHz.
All depending on the chip, Tekno. Mine will run 24/7 prime 2 hours stable at 4.1 on H2O and been near 5.5 Ghz on DICE.

Back