• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggest A quality laptop with a 1400p screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bitcasasucks

Hello!
I am hoping someone can recommend a good laptop to me. (I live in the USA)
It won't be used for gaming but I want a dedicated card I think. Might do some light gaming but it doesn't need to be good.

I am looking for a 15inch laptop I think. Or at least something bigger than 13.
I look at 15 inch laptops with 1080p and wish they were a bit sharper and would like more pixel real estate so I think I want something beyond 1080p, so 1440p I guess? Or is there something in-between?

Primary purpose? We'll beside web I'll be using this for development, so i'll be running lots of programs at once (like visual studio). Also light gaming, might install some more heavy games for playing at friends house.

(So it needs Windows for visual studio.)

Not sure does this mean I need more than 8gb of ram?

Either needs SSD storage or upgradeable. I would be perfectly with with upgrading it myself. Would want at least 960gb ssd.

Touch screen preferred but not required.

Battery life must be decent. No 4 hour laptops or something like that.

Budget? Not sure. I am willing to spend $2k if thats what it takes (and its really nice) if its something like $3k I'd rather save up for the perfect laptop than buy one for $1k, but I was hoping for something around $1k

Processor? Not sure. No brand preference. But i7 would be nice.

Anything else?

Thank you all very much!

1k for that? Not a chance. You're in the low 2s.

Check out sager laptops. You can tailor exactly what you want.

Back