• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Would an AMD 8350 to a Intel I7-5930k be a good upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firesoul453

Would an AMD 8350 to a Intel I7-5930k be a good upgrade? Or would it even be noticeable? My friend thinks he can get a 5930k pretty cheap through work and right now I have an 8350.

My desktop is used almost exclusively for gaming (and visual studio), so would this make that big of a difference?
I know this might be a matter of opinion but I have not used a computer with a 5930k and am not sure what to expect.

Would it be worth upgrading considering I'd have to buy a new motherboard too?

Does 5930k REQUIRE ddr4 ram or can I get a motherboard hay still uses ddr3?

Thank you!

It requires DDR4.

How multi-threaded is your coding in Visual Studio?

Then either stick with what you have or go with Haswell or DC.
If you're not running heavily multithreaded programs then there's no real point in Haswell-E.

OK thanks for the advice. Considering I'd have to get new ram too I think I'll stick to my 8350 since its been doing well for me.

If you could've got the 5930k cheap you should've gone w/that. It'll stomp all over any AMD CPU, of any gen, in any benchmark, games included. If you had got it cheap enough, you might have even been able to sell it and make a quick $$$.

I would imagine his decision is long been made. Thread is almost 5 months old mags...:)

From the posts I've seen lately, it seems mags has become the forum holy man, reviving threads of ol' :p

Back