• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help! Dram_led solid red..:(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grizz37

Registered
Hey all, so I was kind of tinkering with my desktop earlier as I am planning to upgrade finally after 5 years of having this pc, a stick of my ram looked a bit off so I removed them both and placed them back into their proper slots until they were fitted correctly..(A1 , B1) and for some reason now im not getting any signal on my monitor and the ram light is a solid red every time I boot up... fans sound fine cpu etc.. just not getting any signal how annoying, perfect timing as my new gpu and 4gb of ram are coming this week :( build has worked perfect for the last 5 years until now.. what the heck did I do! any suggestions?!
heres my build anyhow
Asus p7p55d
HD 5770 1gb
4gb g.skill
corsair 650w psu
750gb wd

Try just putting in one stick of ram and see if it boots. It's unlikely you damaged anything, maybe the sticks just aren't seated well.

Tried both in slots a1,b1 still no monitor signal and same red light.. is it possible that my ram is no good or the mobo itself ?

Anything is possible...

Can you check that ram in another PC? Or do you have another set of ram to test in your current board?

okay no issue on my latest reboot... weird..guess they werent seated tightly enough but i swore they were.. haha thanks

Back