• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hardass... I'm gunning for you!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
You are presently #5 in daily production. That's the spot that I want. I'm just behind you in #6. You are making about 150-200k ppd more than I am right now but....

I have the power. I still have two cards to put into production and those cards will close the gap. I just have to finish setting up the new machine.

But.....

When I made this move on equinox, he stomped me down good. Teaching me a small lesson. I hope that I'm not poking a bear but I do want to put you on notice. My new machine will put me between you and Torin3 placing me in the #5 slot for daily production.

Good luck to you sir.

Fold on!

:comp:

I get the feeling that hardass turned on a few rigs :p

From 1M PPD to 2M PPD!

I get the feeling that hardass turned on a few rigs :p

From 1M PPD to 2M PPD!

Wait what?!

<Checking EOC stats.>

Crud! IT will be a while before I can match that.

torin3! you're up buddy. I think that I can come close.

I just saw hardass's sig and your sig and thought "wait, that doesn't seem as close as he says".
Dots connected, hardass saw this and turned up the heat (literally).

Wait what?!

<Checking EOC stats.>

Crud! IT will be a while before I can match that.

torin3! you're up buddy. I think that I can come close.

Yeah, Hardass has more folding power than he uses most of the time. Heat & cost are his enemies, not capacity.

I'm going to be switching some stuff around this weekend that will let me start to increase my capacity.

You guys are no fun. I'm trying to show you my superiority in the game. :facepalm:

Oh well. Fold on.

You guys are no fun. I'm trying to show you my superiority in the game. :facepalm:

Oh well. Fold on.

No worries, I'm actually looking forward to you passing me in production.

But you're going to have to bring your A game to do it. :)

Yeah, Hardass has more folding power than he uses most of the time. Heat & cost are his enemies, not capacity.

I'm going to be switching some stuff around this weekend that will let me start to increase my capacity.

Yes indeed. I had to go get a portable A/C Unit to help cool my apt. Florida and 90 degree days my central air unit can not cool apt.:bang head
Just shutting down 2 units at night caused a massive points drop. All back up and running for now.

Well, on the ppd front I'm doing fairly well. On the total points front I'm really gunning for equinox especially since he threatens to boost his production. I'm trying to take advantage of my current production to make as much headway as possible there. Maybe this weekend I can get my newest rig into production. That will only bring in two R9-280x/7970 cards to start with.

Well I have decided to call it quits for awhile. Sorry guy's but it is just not worth it for me any more. I will keep a couple rigs going but all the rest will be shut down and parts sold off. Has become way too expensive. Carry on team.

Well I have decided to call it quits for awhile. Sorry guy's but it is just not worth it for me any more. I will keep a couple rigs going but all the rest will be shut down and parts sold off. Has become way too expensive. Carry on team.

Wait! WHAT!? No way man. I understand the whole Florida/heat thing but "sold off"? If you're serious, I'll see if you have anything that I can keep in the Fold.

Otherwise, P4EE is officially on notice that he has put himself within my reach.

Aww.... and I was just going to say you may think you're about to pass me, but the 50 i-5 4520's I just added say you're not.

I've had some hiccups over the last few days but they should all be worked out now. I'm on target to earn about 1.2m ppd. It'll take a few days for EOC to bare that out. I still have two cards to put into production but that little project is taking longer than I thought it would. My current predicted production puts me *just* behind you Hardass. While I was hoping to pass you in daily ppd, this new arrangement would still put me in 5th place for ppd on the team.

Hardass. I'm not seeing your production drop so.....

OK. Basically I seem to be creating my own problems here. I had a brand new PSU stop working. I started the RMA process but decided to test the PSU prior to actually sending it out. The PSU tested out perfectly. I even used that machine with the PSU to take to a rare LAN party and gamed on it for a full evening. No issues. I put the machine back into my farm and it was running great for about three days then BAM! The PSU stopped working again. Just like before. The machine will not start. Now I will have to RMA it which means that about 400k ppd is gone for 1-2 weeks.

I've got production back up again for a bit. I think that I have a shot at #4 ppd for the team. That puts P4EE in my sites. :snipe:

So you think you can take #4, eh?

My averages haven't leveled out yet. And I've got 100K more to add at least.

Back