• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do I need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

I am currently building a computer with an Fx 6300 in it. I was wondering what graphics card (under $300) you guys would recommend. The TV I use for my computer is only 1360x768 so it isnt too hard to run. Will a 280X be enough for 60fps ultra with growing room for new games? or would you guys just recommend that I get a 290X ($300 before $20 rebate)?

I think the R9 280x might be good so I can crossfire it once it gets outdated. 750w psu

At that low res, you will have a glass ceiling with that CPU.. the GPU will be held back by the CPU. You would be better off with Intel and a 280x than with a 970/980/290/290x at that resolution.

It will do fine... but overclock the tar out of that CPU to get the best results (raise the glass ceiling).

212 Evo or H80 for my cpu?

If you go for an all-in-one water cooler around $90, go with a Nepton 120xl or nepton 140xl. They're about the same price as the H80 and perform better to my knowledge.

I'm not too familiar with air cooling, but I believe the 212 evo is a highly regarded air cooler, and it's less expensive.

Back