• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with power saving voltage settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scibuff

Registered
Hi guys, I've oc-ed my 4790k to 4.6GHz and confirmed it stable for over 40 hours with prime (v26.6) at 1.24 vcore (1.22 failed the blend test after ~8 hours, 1.23 failed the blend test after ~20 hours). Now, I'd like to optimize the power use.

I've managed to get clocks dropping to 800MHz at idle by correct power options in Win (e.g. minimum processor state = 5%). Now I'd like to also have the cpu voltage dropped when not at full load.

To be honest, I'd prefer if it was possible to achieve this while keeping the voltage settings to Manual e.g. set the max voltage to 1.24V and have the cstates take care of the rest - but that doesn't seem to be working in any way I tried.

Therefore, I'd like to ask about the adaptive voltage settings. In particular, could you please tell me what should I put for:

1 - Offset Mode Sign
2 - CPU Core Voltage Offset
3 - Additional turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage

and any specific C-States settings?

Or, should I just not bother and stick with manual voltage?

p.s.
- ASUS Maximus VII Hero
- 4790k (@ 4.6GHz)
- 16GB RAM
- Win 8.1 Pro

- CPU-Z, CPUID HWMonitor, AIDA64, HWiNFO64 etc

Thank you

It may not drop since you're on manual voltage.
I believe it only works with "Auto" or "Adaptive", which I've always struggled to find a stable overclock while using.

Back