• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Else Experiencing Slow Connections with Comcast?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

Since yesterday morning I have noticed that websites take an inordinate amount of time to load including my homepage. For example League of Legends is unplayable, Youtube videos either take a long time to engage or they never load, and I could not even set up a wish list on New Egg. :-/ As I said, prior to yesterday I had no issues (with the exception of Riot Games buggy PvP Chat client which is a perpetual issue that many of us suffer with; their IT stinks).

So, anyone else? I am wondering if another DDOS attack is taking place.

Thanks.

Do a tracert to a bunch of IPs and see where things get nasty.....

First, thanks for the reply; much appreciated.

Second, I think it is nasty all around. :bang head I both pinged and did tracerts for Comcast.net, Xfinity.com, google.com, microsoft.com Firefox, leagueoflegends, and Youtube. As for the pings: all but Microsoft.com and League were 3 out of 4 Packets lost. MS and League were 4 out of 4 Packets lost.

Tracerts: There were multiple time outs experienced by all, especially League (of course).

Back in December I had Comcast out to the house. Both my splitter and my outside connections were good. They gave me a brand new modem to replace my old one. My current router is a Netgear 700 that has been working fine for 3 years with the only issue being League.

Where do I take it from here? Could my issue be my router? I am in territory that I only have a basic working knowledge. Thanks much.

In Addition: I have upgraded to the latest firmware and still have loss.

Last edited:
Back