• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Far Cry 4 -One crash Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sew333

Hello. I have a question about TDR crashing in Far Cry 4 again. Its my second topic here but i am little confused.
Listen.
I switch my memory from Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1333mhz to Kingston Hyperx 2x4gb 1600mhz and my TDR ( Nvlddmkm Display driver stopped responding and has recovered ) crashing in Far Cry 4 almost gone. I mean with my new memory i was get only one single TDR crash of 70 hours of play. Is this reason to worry ?Should i be worried of one TDR crash of 70 hours of being in game?

I am using Asus Strix 980 stock OC, 4790k stock,new memory Kingston Hyperx 2x4gb 1600mhz, Corsair 750 RM

What driver version?

One crash in 70 hours? Nothing to worry about.

Yes.Indeed just s had one TDR crash of 70 hours of play. Should i be worried? is my card unstable of some kind? I am using 350.12 WHQL

Edit , nvm today next crash .
I am in big hole now. Sometimes i can play Far Cry 4 12-24 hours without single TDR ( nvlddmkm ) crash. But in next day game can crash with TDR ( nvlddmkm ) after 10 minutes. Is this related to my card or what?

The crashes have always been random for me -- sometimes I'd see several in one day, and other times I'd go a couple/few weeks with no crashes.

I'm at a loss as to what causes them. It seems like changing a graphics setting will fix the issue sometimes, but when the crashes eventually return, the same fix does not work. This has led people to think that they found a "solution" to the problem when in fact it's just random luck. You change a setting, it suddenly works, so you assume that that was a solution. Eventually, however, the crashes return, so whatever you did was not a solution after all.

I am using ultra details, ultra shadows ( not soft shadows ) , fur on, godrays on, txaa 2x.

It can be my graphic card or what? Using 352.86 WHQL. Also i tested 347.88 and 350.12 WHQL and the same problem.

So really rma graphic card? Is this related to card not drivers or game? Other games runs fine, just only Far Cry 4 crashing TDR randomly.

I think. I resolved TDR crashing in FAR CRY 4 ! That was not drivers any my card! I just delete file gamerprofile.xml
< Open %USERPROFILE% \Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\GamerProfile.xml >No crashing for 48 hours of play.

Back