• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How is gpu voltage distributed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikesamo

Hello forum
I went on evga,s website and they announced an acx 2.0 cooler especially made for the titan x . there I read something interesting about fan speed . evga said on their website that the faster the gpu fan is running . the more voltage its taking out of the overall voltage budget of the card . effecting overclocking negatively
is this true ?
How is voltage shared across the ram . fans and the core . will running at a lower fan speed lower the fans 12v consumption and give more to the gpu to use ?
cheers

we need to change the way we are thinking about this, from voltage to tdp is how i look at it.
in benching the draw of the fan is part of the tdp, so to max out the score I use only enough fan to prevent throttling, that way i get to use more of the tdp in the clock.

it only, really shows up in benching.

we need to change the way we are thinking about this, from voltage to tdp is how i look at it.
in benching the draw of the fan is part of the tdp, so to max out the score I use only enough fan to prevent throttling, that way i get to use more of the tdp in the clock.

it only, really shows up in benching.
Voltage is the only thing holding my oc . I have 114% power limit and 415watts.
I never go above 90% . my voltage is limited at 1.274 . Can't go above

Fans pull power from the PCB of the GPU.
The PCB has an overall maximum power %.
Therefore the fans use up a small % of that maximum power.

It's not going to affect the voltage issue you have, it only affects power limit.

Voltage is the only thing holding my oc . I have 114% power limit and 415watts.
I never go above 90% . my voltage is limited at 1.274 . Can't go above
Mod the heatsink fans to run off the Psu, then you can crank them up and not worry about how much power it's taking away from your Oc.

if you have max voltage on it then it's time to hack the cards bios to try to increase the voltage.

I have max voltage set to 1.281 on the bios editor but the highest voltage allowed is 1.274 . Anyway I can hack that

Back